Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verge

My source has told me...

471 posts in this topic

Would welcome Austin with open arms and be glad he is a Panther.

Would be disappointed with Vaccaro because I think both Cyprien and Elam will have better NFL careers.

I'm really interested in Patterson, big bust potential but also seems to have incredible upside... could develop into Julio Jones 2.0 with more speed.

Patterson definitely has a high ceiling and if he reaches that potential you have no problem backing up the bank truck to his house when his contract is up. He is raw but all these guys need coaching coming into the league and we dont need him to be dominant from day 1 since we still have smitty and Olsen. But him or Austin would be upgrades to the offense, its always been up in the air between both of them to me.

Vaccaro is an incredible tackler and play maker, I am not sure you watched enough games. He reminds me of a Charles Woodson or Morgan Burnett.

Yeah I didn't see that at all. I think Thomas was better out of Tex...and that says a lot.

Run this route faster than the guy trying to stop you.

I seen several Tex games this year. Dude gives up a lot of big plays. He isn't a sure tackler. Id take all those guys before him. Vacarro is the only pick we could make, that would royalt piss me off.

He's the only safety with even close to a top 15 draft value right now.

Elam is positioned around 30th with Cyprien around 34th or so.

Your talking about the 15th rated prospect compared to two guys rated in the 30's.

It's a pretty big difference.

The only one who had a chance to catch Vaccaro was Cyprien and that was if he ran great through his drills and had solid interviews.

His drills were sub par and I haven't heard any glaringly positive reviews on his interviews either. So he fell back down into the second round because of that.

Vaccaro is an incredible tackler and play maker, I am not sure you watched enough games. He reminds me of a Charles Woodson or Morgan Burnett.

Vaccaro takes some horrible angles. I have frequently seen him run too far upfield and just take himself out of plays. Far from incredible.

Would rather take the safety that has natural instincts at the position, is a documented leader, and gan be a leader of our defense without letting people get behind him.

Nuh uh, lets just turn off injuries and salary cap.

Ultimately I want Gettleman to put his 30+ years of experience as a talent evaluator to work and find us the BPA with each of our 5 picks... I'll trust his judgement until he gives me reason to think otherwise.

1 person likes this

He's the only safety with even close to a top 15 draft value right now.

Elam is positioned around 30th with Cyprien around 34th or so.

Your talking about the 15th rated prospect compared to two guys rated in the 30's.

It's a pretty big difference.

The only one who had a chance to catch Vaccaro was Cyprien and that was if he ran great through his drills and had solid interviews.

His drills were sub par and I haven't heard any glaringly positive reviews on his interviews either. So he fell back down into the second round because of that.

I know where he's rated (which doesn't mean much) that's why I think he is severely overrated. As I've said, seen more bad, than good in his play, IMO.

Ultimately I want Gettleman to put his 30+ years of experience as a talent evaluator to work and find us the BPA with each of our 5 picks... I'll trust his judgement until he gives me reason to think otherwise.

This.

If he decides on Vacarro, I'll be pissed, but I'll get over it.

Ummm....what's the plan at defensive tackle?

I know where he's rated (which doesn't mean much) that's why I think he is severely overrated. As I've said, seen more bad, than good in his play, IMO.

Agreed. Where he is rated by "experts" and where is rated by coaching staffs and front offices could be quite different. We nor the draft analysts were in the interviews with him, on the white board with him, and weren't working out with him privately.