• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#196 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

Do keep in mind that Gettleman has said he wants starters with his first couple of picks. That is a hefty assignment for some positions. Just something to keep in mind as we discuss this.

#197 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

Mexican/Italian.

Okay, I thought I saw the Hispanic, but I was confused as to whether he was black/white mix or some sort of Hispanic mix. Thanks though.

#198 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

To be fair though, Vaccaro is generally opposed by (what feels like) 80% of Panther fans. I don't think it's much of a divide.

You sir, should Make a poll about it, don't just throw numbers around like its a fact.

#199 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

That sounds like a person opinion more than fact, not to mention Smith has bigger hand size for someone that small AND Austin doesnt not have Smiths leaping ability, you know, the reason that he can go up a catch balls over receivers taller than him. If Austin was more than a slot receiver he surely would have been playing on the outside like Smitty. Players that can run through defenders are more valued than players that can run around them so if Austin is never gonna be able to do that than i hope we dont break the bank for him when his contract is up down the road, thats just the way it is. And when he can stiff arm a defender bigger than him down to the ground then come talk to me about comparisons. Or did you forget Smitty could do that too? and he wasnt in "12 years" of nfl training when that happened either.

lol what are you rambling about? i never said austin is better than smith and definitely didn't say he was even the same type of player.

as for the bolded, if you look up their speed/agility drills i'm willing to bet austin's scores are better.

#200 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

I took a class in college that talked about learning and retaining information. Seeing it or reading it is extremely low on the chart for information retention. Hearing it is a little higher, doing it is very high, and teaching it is the strongest way to retain information. The wonderlic test is on paper. These guys learn out on a football field.

#201 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,562 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

You sir, should Make a poll about it, don't just throw numbers around like its a fact.

Which is why I gave a perceptive view and estimation, not a definitive number. If you doubt the opposition against Vaccaro, just review this thread and go to an inferior site. He's one of the least favorite prospects that is being mocked to us.

#202 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

Which is why I gave a perceptive view and estimation, not a definitive number. If you doubt the opposition against Vaccaro, just review this thread and go to an inferior site. He's one of the least favorite prospects that is being mocked to us.

More than likely, the right question is not being asked.

#203 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

The guys that scout these players know a ton about football. They aren't just looking at stats or how often a guy gets beat. They look at physical tools. Speed, agility, ability to turn the hips, hands, and a myriad of other skills you can't evaluate simply by whether or not a guy allowed a completion.

#204 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

I wasn't comparing them directly, only saying that we are one of the few teams that have extensive experience utilizing smaller players as featured receivers. I doubt seriously we could ever use Austin as a pure #1 receiver in the way we use Smith, no one quite has Smith's ability to outfight defensive backs for balls. But, the NFL is moving away from #1 and #2 receiver distinctions anyways, these days it's better to have 3 #2's than a traditional #1, #2, #3. The Packers epitomize this with Nelson, Jones and Cobb.

agreed i think the bottom line should be there isn't really a safe pick at 14, the closest would a Offensive Lineman if there was one but whether its tavon,allen, warmack or anyone else once there announced as a Panther im on the bandwagon

#205 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

Waiting for NJPanthers to tell you that your source is wrong and his source is greater

#206 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

God I hope we get Tavon, cuz I sure as hell don't want Vacarro. BTW, wouldn't we have took Barron before Keek and Coples?

God I hope not.

#207 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

I'm really interested in Patterson, big bust potential but also seems to have incredible upside... could develop into Julio Jones 2.0 with more speed.

Or Troy Williamson 2.0. And no he's not faster then Julio. Julio is a legit 4.34 guy. Patterson was a 4.39 unofficial 4.41 official.

http://www.nfldrafts...=2011&genpos=WR

#208 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

Patterson definitely has a high ceiling and if he reaches that potential you have no problem backing up the bank truck to his house when his contract is up. He is raw but all these guys need coaching coming into the league and we dont need him to be dominant from day 1 since we still have smitty and Olsen. But him or Austin would be upgrades to the offense, its always been up in the air between both of them to me.

Patterson also has a very Low Floor.

#209 ChinaPanther

ChinaPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Texas and WVU played last year and Vaccaro covered Tavon Austin in the slot. It wasn't pretty for Tavon. Vaccaro flat out put Austin on lock down. Tavon I think is a tad bit overrated. His size scares the living crap out of me. Vaccaro's game against Tavon Austin is his calling card. Vaccaro isn't a perfect prospect at this point in time but the flaws in his game are correctable. Vaccaro can provide you with a lot of versatility. Gil Brandt.thinks he's just as good as Mark Barron from last year. We're going against the best tight ends in the league this year so having a guy that can make things tough on them is a priority I would imagine. Atlanta=Gonzales, Saints=Jimmy Graham, San Fran=Vernon Davis, Pats=Gronk.

#210 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

Texas and WVU played last year and Vaccaro covered Tavon Austin in the slot. It wasn't pretty for Tavon. Vaccaro flat out put Austin on lock down. Tavon I think is a tad bit overrated. His size scares the living crap out of me. Vaccaro's game against Tavon Austin is his calling card. Vaccaro isn't a perfect prospect at this point in time but the flaws in his game are correctable. Vaccaro can provide you with a lot of versatility. Gil Brandt.thinks he's just as good as Mark Barron from last year. We're going against the best tight ends in the league this year so having a guy that can make things tough on them is a priority I would imagine. Atlanta=Gonzales, Saints=Jimmy Graham, San Fran=Vernon Davis, Pats=Gronk.

Did he really say that? Vaccaro and Barron are very different safeties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com