• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,566 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

i mean Human Resources looks at facebook profiles and twitter feeds etc.

ya mean nobody from the FBI looks at youtube etc? they have a guy who they questioned face to face, he goes to Moscow last year, within a month he has a radical jihad youtube page up and what??

odd stuff.

I'm guessing there are 10,000 people like this

#17 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,990 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

all the more reason to have a guy named Kevin and another guy named Eric log on at 8am after their morning coffee and surf and surf and surf. take notes, send emails and surf some more.

#18 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

This is the only thing that has actually given me pause after the fact... Well, aside from the 19-year old following the lead of the older brother, when prior to Monday, he seemed like a normal kid. Other than that, I find this extremely troubling/weird.

#19 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

I'm not buying into any conspiracy theory here, but as I've always said, I like to consider all possible scenarios and draw my own conclusions. That being said, look at this stuff that some of his friends were posting... CREEPY. REALLY CREEPY:

https://twitter.com/...5063937/photo/1

Then this guy is one of the friends he was tweeting with prior to the event... He keeps posting stuff as well, you can just go down his whole timeline to get his angle:
https://twitter.com/TroyCrossley

Someone tweeted him this screen capture from media coverage as well:
https://twitter.com/...0944128/photo/1
That is a picture of a woman who was supposedly killed in the Sandy Hook tragedy, but now she is said to have been a "few blocks away from" the marathon blasts when this tragedy occurred. Could be an honest mistake by the media outlet.

The only thing I've really wondered about... With the technology we currently have, and considering the older brother was already under watch and had been interviewed concerning his leanings, how did authorities not automatically have this guy in a lineup themselves? They knew his face, they knew his habits, they knew where he lived. How was he not at the top of the list of suspects? They put out pics and asked the public to ID him.

And until they killed that MIT officer, I wasn't sure about the younger brother at least. Again, if you view his media, it seemed as though he had aspirations and dreams for the future, just like any other American kid. He had pictures of cars, links to music, videos, pop culture references, etc. Now, a couple of his tweets seemed shady, but at other times, it seems like he was a normal kid... There are just a lot of questions and the bothersome thing is, these public attacks just keep popping up for no apparent reason. Crazy is crazy, so you don't expect an explanation always, but to have absolutely no rhyme or reason for any of the recent ones... It's just weird.

Again, as far as I know, these brothers did it. But, I'm just saying there are still some interesting questions out there.

#20 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

They put out pics and asked the public to ID him.

You really think that was why they put out the pics? Because they didn't know who he was?

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

And until they killed that MIT officer, I wasn't sure about the younger brother at least. Again, if you view his media, it seemed as though he had aspirations and dreams for the future, just like any other American kid. He had pictures of cars, links to music, videos, pop culture references, etc. Now, a couple of his tweets seemed shady, but at other times, it seems like he was a normal kid... There are just a lot of questions and the bothersome thing is, these public attacks just keep popping up for no apparent reason. Crazy is crazy, so you don't expect an explanation always, but to have absolutely no rhyme or reason for any of the recent ones... It's just weird.

I think it is a testament to the influence an older sibling can have on an impressionable younger brother. Having older brothers myself, it does not surprise me.

#22 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

You really think that was why they put out the pics? Because they didn't know who he was?

Obviously it acts as an APB/BOLO for the public and helps in locating them ASAP, but iirc, in the pressed they did say something along the lines of 'we need your help in identifying them. Someone out there knows who they are...' So, it sounds as though they weren't sure of who they were.

My point regardless is that if he was interviewed multiple times by authorities, how does he ever even have a chance to slip through the cracks? He should've been watched that much closer. And it was only a year and a half ago, not a decade.

#23 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

They don;'t give names because often they have multiple identities and people may not know them by that name and dismiss it as just someone that looks like them. They may also want the suspects to think their names are not known so maybe its safe to go visit your accomplices also.

How many people do you think are interviewed by authorities yearly? Thousands? I suspect they have profilers who prioritize who gets a closer look. Obviously, its not perfect. Hopefully they learn something from them.

If anything, this is evidence that the government can't simply bug your phone and hack your email and monitor you 24/7 on a whim. They don't have the authority nor the man power. So if they couldn't watch these guys more closely, how much attention do you think they pay to joe six pack? I think less than zero.

#24 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

Good points.

#25 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

http://www.examiner....rol-legislation

#26 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

This is the only thing that has actually given me pause after the fact... Well, aside from the 19-year old following the lead of the older brother, when prior to Monday, he seemed like a normal kid. Other than that, I find this extremely troubling/weird.

We don't know why this happened, but one thing I will say is that for many people, family ties are literally the most important thing in life, so if your brother wants you to do something, he might be able to convince you to do something you never would otherwise. This is NOT an excuse for this kid, nor is it necessarily the reason he did it, just a thought.

#27 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

CREEPY. REALLY CREEPY:

https://twitter.com/...5063937/photo/1

How is this creepy? The person posted about 9 things and 1 of them came true.

Is it uncanny and creepy if I say "They're going to blame it on a teen/early twenties. They'll say he eats uncooked spaghetti noodles, and they'll search his house and find boxes and boxes of uncooked spaghetti "

Hey I was right! He really is teen/early twenties! See, told you!

#28 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

How is this creepy? The person posted about 9 things and 1 of them came true.

Is it uncanny and creepy if I say "They're going to blame it on a teen/early twenties. They'll say he eats uncooked spaghetti noodles, and they'll search his house and find boxes and boxes of uncooked spaghetti "

Hey I was right! He really is teen/early twenties! See, told you!

He actually got most of it right, except for what he said they'd find in his house. What I was saying was creepy in particular was saying he would be in his late teens to early 20s and the house would be raided on Friday, which it was. Bronn also posted the link above showing the bills now being proposed for gun powder.

I'm not saying I believe it to be credible, but that it even hit on those points should make one at least ponder the possibilities.

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

CNN reporting that FBI interviewed the older brother in 2011.

Yea, it seems like the FBI missed one in this case. Fwiw, they probably interview thousands, and 99.99 percent of them don't raise any flags and don't merit further attention. Its not an easy job for them, and not one I would want.

#30 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

The best NFL scouts pick dudes who 50% of the time end up sucking in the NFL, and they only have to scout a few hundred prospects per year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com