#31 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Hell yea they did. They were warned. Just wonder why Bama could not connect the fukin dots. GW caught hell for that! Lost he job.

#32 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Hell yea they did. They were warned. Just wonder why Bama could not connect the fukin dots. GW caught hell for that! Lost he job.

GW lost he job cause him can't run third term. Him were re-elected after he memo ignored.

#33 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,792 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Any day now we are going to hear about a secret memo called "Festrunk Brothers determined to strike inside US" ignored by Obama as he went golfing.

#34 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

do you think the president even knew that the FBI was conducting its interview?

#35 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

He actually got most of it right, except for what he said they'd find in his house. What I was saying was creepy in particular was saying he would be in his late teens to early 20s and the house would be raided on Friday, which it was. Bronn also posted the link above showing the bills now being proposed for gun powder.

I'm not saying I believe it to be credible, but that it even hit on those points should make one at least ponder the possibilities.

uhh, I don't really see how he got any of it right.

He got the suspect wrong... the person responsible was a late 20s male and a 19 year old and if the guy knew it was going to be brothers he def. woulda said so... they did it because of ties to radical Islam by most accounts, not "being unstable"... we have no idea if they found an NRA book in his home...

that guy was literally just making poo up.. he pretty much all wrong, save that one of the suspects fit his guess.

#36 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

uhh, I don't really see how he got any of it right.

He got the suspect wrong... the person responsible was a late 20s male and a 19 year old and if the guy knew it was going to be brothers he def. woulda said so... they did it because of ties to radical Islam by most accounts, not "being unstable"... we have no idea if they found an NRA book in his home...

that guy was literally just making poo up.. he pretty much all wrong, save that one of the suspects fit his guess.

Depends on how you look at it. The younger brother was the one that survived and was captured and therefore he will be held solely accountable for it as his brother is dead. Ultimately, the search became about the 19-year old because he was the one that lived, and no one has yet to explain how he got away to begin with. Just something to think about.

And the other part that was correct was that his house was raided on Friday. He also said he would be caught later in the week... He hit on both of those. Only thing I see that he has missed on thus far is what they would find in his home, as we have no idea what was found, and the 'unstable' thing has yet to be proven. Everyone is guessing they were 'radicalized' but it has yet to be proven in the younger brother's case.

And as I told a friend today, I find it both insulting and misleading that it is automatically blamed on their religion even before the facts come out. The way media portrays Muslims is as though they are idiots who are predisposed to being brainwashed by radical teachers. They act as though these dudes are complete robots, incapable of thinking for themselves, as though they follow this religion their whole lives and as soon as they hear a radical version of it they are activated, lol. And this is coming from a Christian. I'm just saying, there are plenty of non-violent Muslims living in the u.s that love this country. I'm sure the older brother bought into the radical idiocy, but who is to say that's what ultimately led them to doing this? I doubt the younger one was 'radicalized' but, that's all the media keeps pumping out.

None of us really know the why, what, when, or how right now aside from what has been reported and verified by pictures.

#37 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

With all due respect, I could have made that same prediction. How many elderly women have been terrorists?

Actually, I said last week it was more than one suspects, so I am more right than this guy. Sweet!

#38 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

do you think the president even knew that the FBI was conducting its interview?

No. But that did not matter with GW.

#39 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

And as I told a friend today, I find it both insulting and misleading that it is automatically blamed on their religion even before the facts come out. The way media portrays Muslims is as though they are idiots who are predisposed to being brainwashed by radical teachers. They act as though these dudes are complete robots, incapable of thinking for themselves, as though they follow this religion their whole lives and as soon as they hear a radical version of it they are activated, lol. And this is coming from a Christian. I'm just saying, there are plenty of non-violent Muslims living in the u.s that love this country. I'm sure the older brother bought into the radical idiocy, but who is to say that's what ultimately led them to doing this? I doubt the younger one was 'radicalized' but, that's all the media keeps pumping out.

None of us really know the why, what, when, or how right now aside from what has been reported and verified by pictures.

I'm not sure who you are railing at here... you can find it insulting if you want that people blame radical islam, but there are a boatload of facts out there that indicate that it played a major role. sure, maybe it wasn't the only thing, maybe they were making a political statement or just unhappy with taxes or with people running I don't know but it seems the most likely reason at this point is the older brother's connection to radical Islam, especially considering all the information coming out about how the older brother acted following his return from Russia etc.

but blaming radical islam is not the same as blaming islam, it's not the same as saying these people are robots etc... I don't blame Christianity as a whole whenever the WBC does something shitty, nor do I think just any Christian is going to become radicalized and turn into a lunatic hatemonger. yet it happens, and there are certainly reasons why it happens, and pretending that religion plays no role in the behaviors of religious extremists is really pointless, though obviously blaming the entire religion for the actions of the extremists isn't very smart, either.

edit: I should note, I don't watch cable news so if people there are just blaming Muslims in general and poo, I understand your frustration totally.

#40 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

No. But that did not matter with GW.

not sure I understand, I don't blame GW personally for any terror attacks, though I may not agree with some of his actions made in the name of global protection following 9/11, I don't think he had any role in allowing it to happen.

#41 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'm not sure who you are railing at here... you can find it insulting if you want that people blame radical islam, but there are a boatload of facts out there that indicate that it played a major role. sure, maybe it wasn't the only thing, maybe they were making a political statement or just unhappy with taxes or with people running I don't know but it seems the most likely reason at this point is the older brother's connection to radical Islam, especially considering all the information coming out about how the older brother acted following his return from Russia etc.

but blaming radical islam is not the same as blaming islam, it's not the same as saying these people are robots etc... I don't blame Christianity as a whole whenever the WBC does something shitty, nor do I think just any Christian is going to become radicalized and turn into a lunatic hatemonger. yet it happens, and there are certainly reasons why it happens, and pretending that religion plays no role in the behaviors of religious extremists is really pointless, though obviously blaming the entire religion for the actions of the extremists isn't very smart, either.

edit: I should note, I don't watch cable news so if people there are just blaming Muslims in general and poo, I understand your frustration totally.

Yeah, maybe I wasn't being clear enough. My fault... I'm not railing against anyone, except maybe mainstream media. And I definitely don't sympathize with any idiot who isn't autonomous enough to not be brainwashed into radical fringes of religion.

My point was, when this happened, even before they (mainstream media) knew the culprits' names, they immediately started using words like "radicalized" and "jihad." They were coloring the picture before the lines even were drawn in. Now again, in the big brother's situation, he apparently was influenced by radical Islam, but as far as the younger brother, he didn't even seem to be a devout practicing Muslim. But, when watching CNN, MSNBC, and especially Fox News, every report was taking that slant. My point is, there is a media bias when it comes to these things and it skews the reporting away from real facts... There obviously was something else at play here considering the younger brother hadn't been overseas, nor did he appear to be a devout Muslim.

I'm just saying while there is radical fringes of Islam, I don't believe every time we're attacked that we should automatically assume it's due to those. In many cases, sure, it's plausible. But, to play that card before the facts are out is dangerous and irresponsible, and often leads to constructing or reinforcing biases in society as a whole. And while yes, the older brother appears to be an idiot who bought into radical crap, the younger brother did not, that we know of. So there is more to the story than just "America hating jihadists" and that's what I would like to get to the root of without all of the theatrics the mainstream media employ.

And if radical Islam is to blame as a whole for these events, then let's get to the root of why, instead of dumbing it down and leaving it at that. What would make kids who were making successful lives for themselves in America do something like this? Why would they look to radical Islam? They weren't going to get the opportunities that they were getting here over in Chechnya or any other Caucasus countries, so why would they give themselves over to such idiotic ideologies?

That should be the discussion.

#42 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

not sure I understand, I don't blame GW personally for any terror attacks, though I may not agree with some of his actions made in the name of global protection following 9/11, I don't think he had any role in allowing it to happen.

Too young to remember or was not paying attantion. That's ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.