7 replies to this topic

#1 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Posted Image

"He had the naturally quickest feet of any corner in the draft. His backpedal was the most fluent. His balance and body was absolutely remarkable. He was a sudden mover, he was competitive, he was challenging, he played the run. To me he was the most physically gifted corner in this draft class."

- Greg Cosell

Although I've seen his name here or there on this forum, he doesn't appear to have a thread and many may not know too much about him. It appears he's been rising up the rankings recently. A number of analysts such as Mike Mayock and Greg Cosell now have him as the number one corner on their boards, yes, ahead of Dee Milliner. Admittedly these rankings are based on personal evaluations and not necessarily informed opinions on where they'll go in the draft, but Hayden now looks like he'll end up being a first rounder, and potentially he maybe selected somewhere around our pick. The one glaring concern is his serious injury, but he was healthy enough to run at his Pro Day (although not lift), and his injury isn't expected to have any long-term repercussions. While given what we've done in free agency and the way we've approached the draft, it doesn't seem like we'll be targeting a cornerback in the first, Hayden is certainly a prospect to watch.

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,231 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

Just a quick correction, he didn't run at the Combine (just interviewed with teams). I'm concerned about his injury because it was life threatening, however I would rather have Hayden as a football player than a guy like Vaccaro, Richardson, or Patterson. If the team is o.k. with him medically he's no doubt talented enough to be worth a top fifteen selection....

#3 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

Just a quick correction, he didn't run at the Combine (just interviewed with teams). I'm concerned about his injury because it was life threatening, however I would rather have Hayden as a football player than a guy like Vaccaro, Richardson, or Patterson. If the team is o.k. with him medically he's no doubt talented enough to be worth a top fifteen selection....

Yep, my mistake, must have been thinking of one of his two Pro Day times as a Combine time. Fixed it now.

#4 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Yeah man, this guy's is amazing. Fast, strong, technically sound, and plays smart. I really hope Miami takes him -- fug having to deal with him twice a year against Tampa.

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

I think Hayden and Rhodes are better than Milliner. If Hayden somehow falls to 44, I'd take a combo to the secondary of Vaccaro (1) and Hayden (2).

#6 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Ended up going 13th overall to the Oakland Raiders.

#7 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,231 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

Told ya....

#8 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,315 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

Told ya....

I gave you props in the chat room tonight.
You had this guy pegged in the Huddle drafts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com