Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heels Offer Harry Giles III

28 posts in this topic

Posted

North Carolina has offered 6'9 forward Harry Giles III from Wesleyan Christian Academy in High Point, North Carolina. Giles is being heralded as one of the best freshman in the country.

To my knowledge, Giles also becomes the first freshman that Coach Williams has ever offered.

Posted

Thats a streak i rather commended Roy for. You can recruit a fresh but offering is much. This kid looks legit though so i suppose it's sayin something about the player.

Posted

Thats a streak i rather commended Roy for. You can recruit a fresh but offering is much. This kid looks legit though so i suppose it's sayin something about the player.

Kid looks good, but what I hate about offering freshman is that most of the ones that are "elite" are already almost 7'0" tall, whereas they are playing kids that are on average 4-5 inches shorter than them. Plus, if he continues to grow, that type of game may not play when you are 7'1".

Posted

He was at the UNC/UVA game this year.

BDPphvhCcAE5Zxz.jpg

It's gotta be crazy to have that much attention at such a young age

Posted

He's a baller that's for sure. He will get offers from all of the top schools.

Posted

Major skills, should be the Number 1 ranked player in his class as well.

Posted

Not to mention that he's from NC. We have a pretty good track record of getting top players in state.

Posted

Very good player, plays with Theo Pinson as well. My nephew is on the JV team at Wesleyan and my brother in law is an assistant coach there so I have seen a lot of Harry. He is going to be a beast and I will keep everyone up to date on anything my bro-in-law says about the recruitment of Harry and Theo.

Posted

Very good player, plays with Theo Pinson as well. My nephew is on the JV team at Wesleyan and my brother in law is an assistant coach there so I have seen a lot of Harry. He is going to be a beast and I will keep everyone up to date on anything my bro-in-law says about the recruitment of Harry and Theo.

Good stuff man, I expect Theo to go to Duke... Harry, it's way too soon to tell.

Posted

Good stuff man, I expect Theo to go to Duke... Harry, it's way too soon to tell.

I think it's between Duke and IU. As a Duke fan I would rather have Justice Winslow but I wouldn't complain about getting Theo, like I said he is a great kid.

Posted

It would be hard to steal Giles from UNC, he's from a UNC family. His Parents and Grandmother are UNC fans. I will say that if it gets close and interesting it would go UNC, UK and Duke in that order.

Posted

Harry did visit Duke with Jahlil Okafor, Theo Pinson, and Tyus Jones for CTC, fwiw.