Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Draft Night Menu

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What is on your draft night food and drink menu this year? Personally thinking about some BBQ pulled pork nachos with plenty of jalapenos, sour cream, cheese, salsa, and everything else I typically throw on top. Also thinking about some buffalo wings with plenty of blue cheese and maybe a nice big bowl of chicken caesar salad.

Definitely going to pick up a 6 pack but haven't made the call on what beer to go with just yet. Going to be one of the better drafts in recent memory, I think. It will be interesting to see the all the trades and the order of how everything unfolds as it seems way more unpredictable this year than recent drafts.

What is on your menu this Thursday?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Vodka
Tequila

Some BBQ hot wings, probably some chips and dip as well.

That's about it, hopefully it's a good draft for the Panther's and I get hammered.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Blue cheese must be a northerner thing
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Going to Four Corners for their bomb ass buffalo chicken sandwich. Then going out to a huge end of the semester party right afterwards. So pumped for Thursday night.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ivan The Awesome' timestamp='1366534588' post='2201319']
Blue cheese must be a northerner thing
[/quote]

Really? It isn't big in the Carolinas?

I've been living in California for a while now though but still got to get blue cheese with all my wings.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='OnlyPantherFaninMaine' timestamp='1366536506' post='2201323']

Really? It isn't big in the Carolinas?

I've been living in California for a while now though but still got to get blue cheese with all my wings.
[/quote]
Nah, it's a thing here too. Maybe he means "northerner" in a different sense though, considering he lives in Mexico.

Posted · Report post

I think I will order a pizza. It will no doubt be delicious.

Posted · Report post

I've seen blue cheese with wings plenty, but I've seen ranch more. Ranch is what I prefer.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Smitty Is Our Savior' timestamp='1366538136' post='2201327']

Nah, it's a thing here too. Maybe he means "northerner" in a different sense though, considering he lives in Mexico.
[/quote]

True, everyone is a northerner to me. But when I lived in charlotte most of my friends were from NY/NE and they always ordered their wings with blue cheese. I prefer Honey mustard or Ranch though.

Posted · Report post

I thought before I opened this, that it would be about who was going to be eating crow. But it really is about food, LOL. What time will be making our pick? Might determine what I eat and when. Not sure I want to watch and wait as everyone else picks just kind of see who they pick so we know who is left. Likely staying home...

Posted · Report post

Spicy Rotel dip with hamburger and jalepenos. BBQ rings with blue cheese (I love the blue cheese bbq combo any other type I prefer ranch). Probably some stella artois since that's what I have left in my fridge.

Posted · Report post

I think I will invent the "Hog Molly" Sandwich will look something like this

[img]http://grandforksgourmet.areavoices.com/files/2011/12/wildHof.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

Bbq grilled chicken thighs. Nachos with lots of jalopenos, sour cream, beans, cheese, olives and salsa. Pick up a six pack of Shiva. My buddy is throwing a draft party so it should be a lot of fun. Can't wait.

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking fajitas and some Immort Ale.

Posted · Report post

I'm doing a big ole pot of peppers and onions

Posted · Report post

Dude, pulled pork nachos sounds like a winner. That's what I'm doing.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55' timestamp='1366546482' post='2201356']
I thought before I opened this, that it would be about who was going to be eating crow. But it really is about food, LOL. What time will be making our pick? Might determine what I eat and when. Not sure I want to watch and wait as everyone else picks just kind of see who they pick so we know who is left. Likely staying home...
[/quote]

I had my fill last year

Posted · Report post

Being here in Korea, Im gonna have some good ol' grilled pork intestines (chittlins to folks back home) washed down with a few bottles of soju
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Gonna drink Ballast Point. Lots of Ballast Point. Mainly Pale Ale (formerly known as Yellow Tail) and Sculpin.

Posted · Report post

Also yay for West Coast! Draft starts at 5 on our side of the country!!!

Posted · Report post

Hadn't thought about it until now. OP: wings and blue cheese sounds like a winner.

Posted · Report post

Chicken beer then some lovin from my lady

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jayflip' timestamp='1366560109' post='2201520']
Gonna drink Ballast Point. Lots of Ballast Point. Mainly Pale Ale (formerly known as Yellow Tail) and Sculpin.
[/quote]

Right on man! Ballast Point is by far my favorite brewery. They make awesome IPAs.

Posted · Report post

I will be eating appetizers and drinking fresh beers on tap at Midtown Sundries in Denver NC. It has become a tradition. My wife is the best because the draft always falls on her birthday. She's just cool like that.