#1 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

There has been lots of speculation that we will draft secondary help because we frankly have real holes and issues there. Still Gettleman's mantra has been that sometimes the best guy for the position is already on the team. For example, Norman looked bad at times last year often playing way off the receiver. Lack of talent or lack of experience? Is he a talented player who needs more coaching or does he need to be replaced? Will Drayton be able to compete for a starter role or is he over the hill? How about Dockery and Thomas? Will we target these positions or only go there if the player is BPA when we pick?
How about safety? Is DJ Campbell the future SS or do we need to pick up more talent?? Will Godfrey play free or strong safety at this point. Nickel does appear to be covered at this point.

If Gettleman is such a great talent evaluator, what does he see that most on here don't???

http://www.charlotte...with-a-few.html

#2 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

I know I feel waaay better about our secondary going into this season, than last. And that's without Gamble. I think all the competition will bring out everyones 'A' game.

#3 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,613 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

We need a saftety

#4 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

We need a saftety

In the first or in round 4 or 5?? Gettleman suggested we need a hog molly or two. Is safety a need or huge need? How does that compare to right guard/tackle?

#5 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

i wanted to see us sign a Vetran at S and see what Campbell has. He played really well late season and Hurney has made some solid picks when it comes to late round players often (it's just rounds 2-5 where he was fatal.)

#6 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,750 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

I like Campbell because his instincts, while not being on Luke's level, are superb. However, we do need a safety.

#7 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,539 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

Munny is our nickel.

#8 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,539 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

I like Campbell because his instincts, while not being on Luke's level, are superb. However, we do need a safety.

Shadow Clone Jutsu!

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

We are really close to having an amazing defense. I would not be sad if we went defense for most of the draft.

#10 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,613 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

In the first or in round 4 or 5?? Gettleman suggested we need a hog molly or two. Is safety a need or huge need? How does that compare to right guard/tackle?

I do not like a safety in the 1st but beyond that I would like to see either a OG ,NT, or safety in the 2nd.
If we can get Worford in the second at OG that would be a good solid starter for a long time.

I think it is a toss up between 4 postions that we need

#11 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,539 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

We are really close to having an amazing defense. I would not be sad if we went defense for most of the draft.

I think so too.

#12 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

I doubt Gettleman would tell the media what he plans to do in the draft.

We can tell from what he has already done where he thinks the obvious deficiences are on the roster.

I believe h eis a BPA guy regardless in the first round with a bias towards d-line and WRs.

It's pretty exciting to have a GM who is an actual football guy.

There is also cuts from training camps to fill a few of the Panthers holes as well.

#13 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

i wanted to see us sign a Vetran at S and see what Campbell has. He played really well late season and Hurney has made some solid picks when it comes to late round players often (it's just rounds 2-5 where he was fatal.)

Was the Safety we signed from Oakland their starter? I know he's a big hitter which is what we need in at SS but not sure if he was a backup or starter. With Him and Campbell competing at SS, and Godfrey at FS we could be ok,

#14 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,657 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

Sounds like what I've been saying.

#15 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

I doubt Gettleman would tell the media what he plans to do in the draft.

We can tell from what he has already done where he thinks the obvious deficiences are on the roster.

I believe h eis a BPA guy regardless in the first round with a bias towards d-line and WRs.

It's pretty exciting to have a GM who is an actual football guy.

There is also cuts from training camps to fill a few of the Panthers holes as well.

That is why i am so optimistic too. We could improve our team in a lot of different ways whether we go heavy defense, offense, or both evenly. Like you say there will be more cuts coming also. We didn't pick up Dwan til what the 4th preseason game? Whatever we don't fill in the draft we will still address. Very stoked about Gettleman's first draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com