Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Person suggests that nickel and safety might already be covered

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Rags' timestamp='1366547084' post='2201359']
i wanted to see us sign a Vetran at S and see what Campbell has. He played really well late season and Hurney has made some solid picks when it comes to late round players often (it's just rounds 2-5 where he was fatal.)
[/quote]

Was the Safety we signed from Oakland their starter? I know he's a big hitter which is what we need in at SS but not sure if he was a backup or starter. With Him and Campbell competing at SS, and Godfrey at FS we could be ok,

Posted · Report post

Sounds like what I've been saying.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='raleigh-panther' timestamp='1366549002' post='2201373']
I doubt Gettleman would tell the media what he plans to do in the draft.

We can tell from what he has already done where he thinks the obvious deficiences are on the roster.

I believe h eis a BPA guy regardless in the first round with a bias towards d-line and WRs.

[u]It's pretty exciting to have a GM who is an actual football guy[/u].

There is also cuts from training camps to fill a few of the Panthers holes as well.
[/quote]

That is why i am so optimistic too. We could improve our team in a lot of different ways whether we go heavy defense, offense, or both evenly. Like you say there will be more cuts coming also. We didn't pick up Dwan til what the 4th preseason game? Whatever we don't fill in the draft we will still address. Very stoked about Gettleman's first draft.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Rags' timestamp='1366547084' post='2201359']
i wanted to see us sign a Vetran at S and see what Campbell has. He played really well late season and Hurney has made some solid picks when it comes to late round players often (it's just rounds 2-5 where he was fatal.)
[/quote]

That make sense......you want to give the young guys with potential the ability to develop.These veteran pick-up do just that .I am with you on that and maybe Campbell is that guy.

Posted · Report post

Free Agency is no wheres close to being over.

Posted · Report post

I do not know how you can miss the confidence Gettlemen has at CB now. He says Norman will be a good player when he gets disciplined. Thomas was solid, Dockery was too. Florence is a fair veteran. Gettlemen is going to do what we have not done well--let players develop.

In NY, Amakamura has taken time, and is finally developing into a solid starter. He was a first rounder.

Gettlemen is not going to bring in another young CB and throw him on the pile of young CBs.

I also wonder if DJ Moore will not be given a shot a S if he cannot beat out Munnerlyn. Some have said Norman would make a good S. Do not forget Mitchell, who compares to Chris Harris.

I think this is what Gettlemen meant when he said that the needs are different on the inside than what they appear to be on the outside.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='poorboysrev' timestamp='1366549367' post='2201376']
Was the Safety we signed from Oakland their starter? I know he's a big hitter which is what we need in at SS but not sure if he was a backup or starter. With Him and Campbell competing at SS, and Godfrey at FS we could be ok,
[/quote]

Oh yeah, haha I forgot we signed Mitchell.

Yeah let's see what they can do at S for now.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='chknwing' timestamp='1366550561' post='2201398'] is no wheres
[/quote]

It's time to stop posting.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Rags' timestamp='1366558212' post='2201501']

Oh yeah, haha I forgot we signed Mitchell.

Yeah let's see what they can do at S for now.
[/quote]

Posted · Report post

We need Safety help badly. I would be pissed if we go into the season with Campbell and Mitchell as our starting SS. I get that DJ Moore could play some FS, but I would hate to see Moore getting plenty of snaps at FS.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Growl' timestamp='1366558365' post='2201502']
It's time to stop posting.
[/quote]

agreed, its time for you to stop posting.

Posted · Report post

If we had another decent safety we would have swept Atlanta last year