#31 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

I honestly feel good about our secondary. Lets not forget we signed DJ Moore who is very solid, Josh Norman should show improvement, Drayton Florence will be serviceable and we re signed Cap. My queation is, who in this draft at DB is a sure fire upgrade over what we already have back there?

I dont want to list them but I like the young rookie cbs 5 deep over Drayton Florence and Norman.

#32 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

U get a good safety or a good dt and this defense will be top 5 maybe top 3. I say go defense with both the first picks

#33 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

cyprien, vacarro, elam, swearinger...and that's just at safety.

Actually, I should clairify. Is there a prospect that is a sure fire upgrade over what we have now worth taking in the 1st round? I dont think so.

#34 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Actually, I should clairify. Is there a prospect that is a sure fire upgrade over what we have now worth taking in the 1st round? I dont think so.

cyprien or vacarro.

I'd be happy with either one at 14.

#35 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

cyprien or vacarro.

Exactly my thoughts

#36 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

cyprien or vacarro.

They are solid but I wouldnt take either over Austin. Im not a HUGE fan of Austin personally but think he might just be BPA in this draft if that makes sense

#37 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

SS is without a doubt a need. Campbell is good competition, but not a bonafide starter. Furthermore, this has to be a make or break year for Godfrey. If he can step up to the next level, he will prove worthy of his contract. If not we need to upgrade the FS position.

#38 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

I still think DT is our biggest need and I'm praying Star or Floyd fall to 14

#39 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

There has been lots of speculation that we will draft secondary help because we frankly have real holes and issues there. Still Gettleman's mantra has been that sometimes the best guy for the position is already on the team. For example, Norman looked bad at times last year often playing way off the receiver. Lack of talent or lack of experience? Is he a talented player who needs more coaching or does he need to be replaced? Will Drayton be able to compete for a starter role or is he over the hill? How about Dockery and Thomas? Will we target these positions or only go there if the player is BPA when we pick?
How about safety? Is DJ Campbell the future SS or do we need to pick up more talent?? Will Godfrey play free or strong safety at this point. Nickel does appear to be covered at this point.

If Gettleman is such a great talent evaluator, what does he see that most on here don't???

http://www.charlotte...with-a-few.html

I don't necessarily think that us fans can say with all surety that there are real holes in the secondary. There are some issues, yes, but just like G-man alluded to, there is some talent there as well----talent that is possibly starting caliber (that only needs to be coached up like G-man said). It's not like Thomas, Dockery, and Norman didn't show show some promise last year---their first year on the field. When you add in the FAs that also show promise, and a proven vet like Florence, things may not be nearly as bad as they appear. G-man and the coaching staff are in an extremely better position to judge talent than we are. Indeed, most of us don't know what particulars to look for irrespective of a team, much less within the context of the Panthers. What we don't see will make a whole 'nother world.

#40 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

If we had a decent safety we would've won more games period and prolly made the playoffs.

If we had another decent safety we would have swept Atlanta last year

#41 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

I think we are ok at CB, Safety I would like another guy added but not ill 4th 5th rd. I am looking at O and D lines early

#42 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

bad idea, look at Coryell, he had the best offense of all times but couldn't win a ring because he didn't have a defense, if he had a mid ranked defense he would've won multiple rings. Good offense and no defense means the other team will score just as much.

Give me an elite offense over elite defense any day. Wr/te in the first two would make us deadly

#43 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

We are really close to having an amazing defense. I would not be sad if we went defense for most of the draft.

If DT is one of the first two picks I would not be sad also.

#44 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

Give me an elite offense over elite defense any day. Wr/te in the first two would make us deadly

Just like the Saints had last year.

#45 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Takes both now days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.