#1 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

PFT/Rotoworld/Schefter all reporting he's headed to Tampa today so their doctors can take a look at his knee.

Medical questions appear to be the only thing holding this up.

Jets don't want to pay Revis. This is what I wish we could have done with Peppers.

#2 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

PFT/Rotoworld/Schefter all reporting he's headed to Tampa today so their doctors can take a look at his knee.

Medical questions appear to be the only thing holding this up.

Jets don't want to pay Revis. This is what I wish we could have done with Peppers.

Couldn't have done it easily. Peppers would not have signed the second franchise tag without a fight.

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

It'll happen. I rather have Tampa get Revis than possibly a Star.

#4 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

If the trade for Revis goes through, I think we need to go WR in the first. Otherwise Smith could be potentially taken out of the game with no one capable of standing up

#5 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

No doubt this makes Bucs D that much better, but I think it further solidifies the fact we go WR in Rd1. Fight fire with fire. Team Tavon!

#6 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'm not sure this is good news or bad news.
Pros
1. Ties up a ton of tb's cap
2. Tb loses draft picks
3.tb can't pull the trigger on tavon

Cons
1.jets have two first rounders before our first pick
2. Jets may pick tavon
3. Tb has darelle revis as a cornerback.

#7 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

If the Jets get Tampas 1st, you can kiss Tavons ass goodbye.

#8 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

At least If the jets grab tavon we won't have to play against him twice a year.

#9 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Heard a rumor that if the Jets get tampas pick they will use the number 9 on Geno Smith and then take Austin with the bucs pick.

#10 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Heard a rumor that if the Jets get tampas pick they will use the number 9 on Geno Smith and then take Austin with the bucs pick.

Heard the same. But what's funny is they paid dirty Sanchez already. But Geno is also a possibility to the Jags.

#11 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

We need a knock out draft with the way the Bucs continue to improve and The way
Atlanta is still stock piled.

I for one hope Star falls to us. Probably wont happen but a strong defensive line will nullify Atlanta and the Bucs. Both quarterbacks make big mistakes when rushed and rattled.

Drew Brees doesn't get rattled as much but they have so many defensive issues, I believe we can continue to score more than them.

#12 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Its a done deal if he passes his physical.

#13 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

I still don't understand why everyone is in love with Tavon Austin. Before the combine he was a late second-early third round pick, until he ran a fast 40 and everyone went crazy for him. Drafting a slot reciever in the first round is just absurd to me. Patterson has been sliding a long ways down a lot of boards, there is a possibility he could be there in the 2nd. There are going to be quite a few WR's in the 2nd at our pick that will have the size to be an NFL WR. Would much rather spend a pick on those.

As for the Bucs, I am glad they are making this trade. They will likely end up losing 3 high round draft picks over this year and next, all for a CB that, while in his prime, is one of the best in the NFL, but he is coming off a serious knee injury, will be 28 in 2 months, and they will likely end up paying him 15 mil/year over 5 years. I don't think this knee injury will cause him to go from all pro to garbage, but there is a strong chance he won't come back as 100% of the player he was.

#14 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Champions are made in the offseason.

• HUDDLER
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Tavon Austin looks as though he will be selected 13th overall. No matter who has that pick. Carolina may be stuck deciding between a reach(vacarro) and a player that doesn't fit a need(Richardson). I'm just gonna have to rely on G-man and be excited about whoever we get.

#15 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I still don't understand why everyone is in love with Tavon Austin. Before the combine he was a late second-early third round pick, until he ran a fast 40 and everyone went crazy for him. Drafting a slot reciever in the first round is just absurd to me. Patterson has been sliding a long ways down a lot of boards, there is a possibility he could be there in the 2nd. There are going to be quite a few WR's in the 2nd at our pick that will have the size to be an NFL WR. Would much rather spend a pick on those.

As for the Bucs, I am glad they are making this trade. They will likely end up losing 3 high round draft picks over this year and next, all for a CB that, while in his prime, is one of the best in the NFL, but he is coming off a serious knee injury, will be 28 in 2 months, and they will likely end up paying him 15 mil/year over 5 years. I don't think this knee injury will cause him to go from all pro to garbage, but there is a strong chance he won't come back as 100% of the player he was.

Tavon was never a third rounder. Most had him at the end of the first round before the combine.

Simply because he's a slot receiver doesn't mean he's not a game changer. Teams would have to change their entire gameplan with tavon and Steve smith playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.