• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#46 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

the bucs are shaping up to be the best defense in the league.....10 years ago.

i love it.

#47 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Yep, I love it when the draftniks talk about penciling n a guy as a ten year starter or a future All Pro. Haven't we all seen enough busts and sleepers at this point to not talk about a kid like that?

Well bottom line: draft picks (especially 1st round picks) are EXTREMELY valuable in the league in this day and age. You saw Percy Harvin, one of the most explosive and dynamic players in the NFL, go for a late 1st...Boldin went for a 6th round pick...Brandon Marshall went for 2 3rds I believe...etc etc. Yeah, draft picks aren't sure things...but they're still among the most desirable acquisitions because of the chance at drafting a young, cheap, potentially dominant player for your team for at least a few years.

#48 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

people come back better from acl injuries so this does make the Bucs better if the knee checks out.

#49 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Sure it makes them better, but at what cost? They're giving up a ton in the trade and acquiring a guy who is never happy with his contract.

#50 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,435 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

people come back better from acl injuries so this does make the Bucs better if the knee checks out.

Yea i was thinking about the flipside...It's still a LOT to give up for an aging CB coming off of an ACL injury, even if he comes back to full strength.

#51 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,049 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

The New York Post reports the No. 13 overall pick in this week's draft will be included in the Darrelle Revis-to-Tampa trade.

Jets beat writer Brian Costello suspects the other picks in the trade -- there's believed to be two more -- will fall in 2014. So the Bucs will be left with seven 2013 draft picks, beginning at No. 43. The Jets will have eight picks, including Nos. 9, 13, 39, 72, and 106 as GM John Idzik attempts to rebuild a roster that deteriorated in repulsively incredible fashion under ex-GM Mike Tannenbaum. Apr 21 - 1:48 PM

http://www.rotoworld...4155/player?r=1

#52 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Yea i was thinking about the flipside...It's still a LOT to give up for an aging CB coming off of an ACL injury, even if he comes back to full strength.

revis is only 27 or 28.the knee was the only issue,giving up the 13th pick for an all pro cb is great for the bucs.they also have plenty of money to spend.

#53 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,435 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

revis is only 27 or 28.the knee was the only issue,giving up the 13th pick for an all pro cb is great for the bucs.they also have plenty of money to spend.

I dunno man, I wouldn't be happy with it if the Panthers were doing that. I really wouldn't. He'll be 28 this upcoming season, signing a 15 mill multi-year contract. He is aging.

#54 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,150 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Speaking of cap hell, the Bucs will put ours to shame in a few years

#55 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Huddle logic is to downplay any move other teams make to improve their team, but when that team beats us in the regular season reality checks in and those moves are praised. Happens every year.

#56 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

He can guard one guy

#57 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

I see it this way...If you bend over backwards for an offensive player, you control how often he gets the ball. That is why a QB is worth so much. A defensive player who plays one side of the field is avoidable. We can run the ball, throw away from him and under him. This is why we need a complement to Steve Smith. We can sacrifice Smith and attack other areas of the D...if Cam has the weapons. Expect WR to be more of a priority now.

#58 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

there is no way in hell the jets are getting TB's first. NO WAY.

#59 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

there is no way in hell the jets are getting TB's first. NO WAY.

Why's that?

#60 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

I dunno man, I wouldn't be happy with it if the Panthers were doing that. I really wouldn't. He'll be 28 this upcoming season, signing a 15 mill multi-year contract. He is aging.

i think that is because the panthers have 5 picks and no cap room. the bucs have $20 mill+ in cap space after the Goldston signing. giving up 1 1st rounder for an all pro CB is great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com