#61 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

I see it this way...If you bend over backwards for an offensive player, you control how often he gets the ball. That is why a QB is worth so much. A defensive player who plays one side of the field is avoidable. We can run the ball, throw away from him and under him. This is why we need a complement to Steve Smith. We can sacrifice Smith and attack other areas of the D...if Cam has the weapons. Expect WR to be more of a priority now.

it has to be now for real.even look at last year, Smitty didnt get much seperation from Eric Wright. now they have Revis coming in to be on the other side.WR will be picked in the 1st or 2nd round.

#62 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

If Revis is able to return to elite form and stay healthy for several years, they win this trade. If he isn't, they lose this trade. It's as simple as that.

#63 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,466 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Think the Jets are the potential winners of this trade(depends on what they do w/ their pick) but it's a good pick up by the Bucs. They have nothing at CB and Revis is better than any CB in this draft and will probably be so for 3+years. Only caveat is if he comes back from the injury healthy.

#64 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Why's that?

because its an absolutely stupid f%^king deal.. thats why..

if the bucs do this, they should fire their GM and then the NFL should ban him.

I mean i want to beat the bucs as bad as the next guy.. but this is just dumb... i see this being team killing (ie sell to LA ) put a big name on the roster so when you sell you can say u have at least 1 all pro player. this is like buying a used car without a warranty, knowing it was wrecked a month ago, for 10-15 Million more than you should have paid ... and then throwing in a ticket for a way undervalued ferrari to go along with it.

go ahead bucs... see you at the bottom for the next 6 years!

#65 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,638 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

i think that is because the panthers have 5 picks and no cap room. the bucs have $20 mill+ in cap space after the Goldston signing. giving up 1 1st rounder for an all pro CB is great.

I meant if the Panthers were in their shoes i still wouldn't do it.

#66 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Revis, Wright, Barron (2nd year), Gholdston is an improved secondary. Bucs have addressed there biggest issue on their team. We didnt do much against them in 2 games last year compared to other teams that carved them up so who are we to say its bad move.

#67 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

I meant if the Panthers were in their shoes i still wouldn't do it.

u got that right

#68 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

So this means Buc gotta deal with a diva

Good for us

#69 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

This trade is pretty bad for the Bucs they love to get old players

HAHA

#70 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

because its an absolutely stupid f%^king deal.. thats why..

if the bucs do this, they should fire their GM and then the NFL should ban him.

I mean i want to beat the bucs as bad as the next guy.. but this is just dumb... i see this being team killing (ie sell to LA ) put a big name on the roster so when you sell you can say u have at least 1 all pro player. this is like buying a used car without a warranty, knowing it was wrecked a month ago, for 10-15 Million more than you should have paid ... and then throwing in a ticket for a way undervalued ferrari to go along with it.

go ahead bucs... see you at the bottom for the next 6 years!

They'll end up givig away a few picks. Not just a 1st.

#71 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,291 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Huddle logic is to downplay any move other teams make to improve their team, but when that team beats us in the regular season reality checks in and those moves are praised. Happens every year.

qft

#72 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Revis gets a 6 year deal and receives NO guaranteed money. Jets get their 1st this year and conditional 4th next year. Still a bad move?

#73 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,878 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Revis, Wright, Barron (2nd year), Gholdston is an improved secondary. Bucs have addressed there biggest issue on their team. We didnt do much against them in 2 games last year compared to other teams that carved them up so who are we to say its bad move.

They lost NT Miller and DE Bennett (two big pieces against the run) and overpaid for Goldson (a SS playing FS who benefitted from the 49ers' pass rush). Sure, they got Revis but odds are they overpaid for him too (14 million a year; 2013's 1st round pick along with other picks in 2014).

I am a freaking happy mofo right now.

#74 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Done deal, Bucs send 2013 1st and a conditional 4th, Revis signs a deal with NO guaranteed money

#75 Crim

Crim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

bucs got a steal. well done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com