Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hasn't even been a week

39 posts in this topic

Posted

lol. "Unilaterally violated another country's sovereignty" is also known as "continued being america"

Can't argue with this, however I also can never merely accept precedent as a valid justification.

Posted

Can't argue with this, however I also can never merely accept precedent as a valid justification.

I'm curious as to what you would have had us do in that situation...

I agree that presidents often receive more praise than due when things go well, and also more blame than due when things don't. However in the Osama Bin Laden capture/killing, I do give Obama credit for making the call to get it done. The intelligence community found him and the military took care of it, but the President had to authorize it. Bill Clinton would still be waiting on the UN and George Bush would have nuked Pakistan... Obama made the right call.

Should we have politely asked Pakistan, who probably already knew exactly where he was anyway, "hey, can you guys please capture this terrorist for us?"

Posted

How much money do we give them on an annual bases? How many millions?

The way I see it, we own some of that country anyways. :)

Posted

How much money do we give them on an annual bases? How many millions?

The way I see it, we own some of that country anyways. :)

Maybe so. Question is does compensation = justification. I'm not sure, maybe in some scenarios.

Posted

Considering the international implications that could have come if it went bad, it was a very tough decision. But you can go ahead and continue to downplay it because it makes you feel inferior...which you are.

Personal attacks when no valid counter argument can be had, classic Liberal strategy.

Posted

Lol... Wasn't an attack anymore than saying the sky is blue.

Posted

I'm curious as to what you would have had us do in that situation...

I agree that presidents often receive more praise than due when things go well, and also more blame than due when things don't. However in the Osama Bin Laden capture/killing, I do give Obama credit for making the call to get it done. The intelligence community found him and the military took care of it, but the President had to authorize it. Bill Clinton would still be waiting on the UN and George Bush would have nuked Pakistan... Obama made the right call.

Should we have politely asked Pakistan, who probably already knew exactly where he was anyway, "hey, can you guys please capture this terrorist for us?"

The absence of a good way to do it doesn't jusitfy a bad way of doing it. :wacko:

Posted

cwg reads Fox News.

:thumbsu:

Posted

The absence of a good way to do it doesn't jusitfy a bad way of doing it. :wacko:

3586-wat.jpg

Posted

I have no problem with how Obama handled the lead up.

Personally, I would have monitored OBL longer to see where all the bread crumbs would take us. We found him via his courier. Did we get all possible intel by seeing where the courier goes and seeing what he takes to whom?

Maybe we did. we don't know.

But the problem I had was the counterintelligence blunders afterwards. Why in the world would you announce to the world that you have a bunch of terrorists' contact information and addresses? I mean, wouldn't it have been better to use that information to go after them, instead of bragging and letting the others know to go into deeper hiding?

Posted

pretty sure the world, including the bad guys, was gonna know we killed bin Laden at his house and took stuff.

I laugh at the people who downplay Obamas decision, at the time there was like a 50-60 percent chance it was him, but he said when he was running for President he'd go into Pakistan to get him if need be, and he did.

If it turned out to be wrong, every single Obama hater on this board would have laid into him, Republicans would have reminded us about Carter and the Iranian hostage rescue attempt, etc. Hindsight is 20/20 - when he assumed office, he made capturing/killing bin Laden more of a priority then his predecessor, the whole torture thing proved to be not instrumental in getting bin Laden compared to other methods, basically, Obama did it right and everyone else did it wrong, which is why you all whine about....going into Pakistan, like we don't do it all the time perusing terrorist bands.

If Osama was hiding in Toronto I'd be OK with rappelling down the CN Tower to get to him - of course we'd let Canada know what we were doing because theres a good chance we can trust that government - didn't have that option with Pakistan and that, not because we are dicks, is why we didn't warn them first. Politically Pakistan had no real choice but to hem and haw for the sake of their citizens, but the government - long ago - accepted the possibility, even the probability, that bin Laden was in their country and that the US would go after him if that was the case.

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty a couple of weeks ago, great movie and as non political as can be.

Posted

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/faa-flight-delays_n_3134411.html

Should this be #ObamaFlightDelays or #ObamaSavinUsMoney?