Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

the horror...

#12 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Considering the information was retrieved using "enhanced interrogation" techniques signed off on by GWB and condemned by Obama, I hope not too much.

lol

Yep Obama had nothing to do with it. I heard Bush even made the call to focus on finding Osama and made the call for the seals to go in and get him, risking relations with Pakistan.

I guess I should find some random connection from this bombing to Bush and blame Boston on Bush.

#13 boostownsme

boostownsme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

lol

Yep Obama had nothing to do with it. I heard Bush even made the call to focus on finding Osama and made the call for the seals to go in and get him, risking relations with Pakistan.

I guess I should find some random connection from this bombing to Bush and blame Boston on Bush.

Your right on the mark, Obama did nothing but give the ok to go ahead with the mission. Others collected the intelligence, others planned the mission, others executed it. It still befuddles me that people try to give him credit for anything other than a thumbs up or down for the mission.

#14 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Your right on the mark, Obama did nothing but give the ok to go ahead with the mission. Others collected the intelligence, others planned the mission, others executed it. It still befuddles me that people try to give him credit for anything other than a thumbs up or down for the mission.

Considering the international implications that could have come if it went bad, it was a very tough decision. But you can go ahead and continue to downplay it because it makes you feel inferior...which you are.

#15 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

So it would be hypocritical to blame the Obama admin for Boston since apparently "others collected" the info about the bomber and others dismissed it.

#16 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• LocationMatthews, NC
Administrators

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Frankly, I don't give Obama any credit for killing Bin Laden. It's one of the relatively few things I can in good faith criticize him for.

We unilaterally violated another country's sovereignty and we'll eventually see blowback from it.

#17 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Frankly, I don't give Obama any credit for killing Bin Laden. It's one of the relatively few things I can in good faith criticize him for.

We unilaterally violated another country's sovereignty and we'll eventually see blowback from it.

So you don't think Obama should be credited with catching Bin Laden but at the same time you criticize him for the way he caught Bin Laden. That doesn't make much sense and you're typically a reasonable smart guy so maybe you simply mean you don't think his move to catch Bin Laden by violating another country's sovereignty was a good move.

#18 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• LocationMatthews, NC
Administrators

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

That's what I mean, forgive the imprecise wording.

But generally speaking, I don't give someone credit for doing something if they use means and methods that I view as inappropriate.

For example, if Obama had killed Bin Laden using a cannon that shoots babies, I would conclude that he's done more harm than good.

#19 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

I want to know how these guys possibly owned guns or built bombs in Boston, MA.

Shouldn't have been possible amiright?

#20 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

lol. "Unilaterally violated another country's sovereignty" is also known as "continued being america"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users