38 replies to this topic

#16 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,865 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Frankly, I don't give Obama any credit for killing Bin Laden. It's one of the relatively few things I can in good faith criticize him for.

We unilaterally violated another country's sovereignty and we'll eventually see blowback from it.

#17 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Frankly, I don't give Obama any credit for killing Bin Laden. It's one of the relatively few things I can in good faith criticize him for.

We unilaterally violated another country's sovereignty and we'll eventually see blowback from it.

So you don't think Obama should be credited with catching Bin Laden but at the same time you criticize him for the way he caught Bin Laden. That doesn't make much sense and you're typically a reasonable smart guy so maybe you simply mean you don't think his move to catch Bin Laden by violating another country's sovereignty was a good move.

#18 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,865 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

That's what I mean, forgive the imprecise wording.

But generally speaking, I don't give someone credit for doing something if they use means and methods that I view as inappropriate.

For example, if Obama had killed Bin Laden using a cannon that shoots babies, I would conclude that he's done more harm than good.

#19 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

I want to know how these guys possibly owned guns or built bombs in Boston, MA.

Shouldn't have been possible amiright?

#20 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

lol. "Unilaterally violated another country's sovereignty" is also known as "continued being america"

#21 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Your right on the mark, Obama did nothing but give the ok to go ahead with the mission. Others collected the intelligence, others planned the mission, others executed it. It still befuddles me that people try to give him credit for anything other than a thumbs up or down for the mission.

*gasp* its almost as if Obama thinks its his job to just sit around, listening to the advice of the people he surrounds himself with, and make final decisions about things like some chief commander or something

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Posted Image

Too soon for laughing?

#23 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Too soon for laughing?

No, its pretty laughably misleading. Why dont you check out Floppin's response here http://www.carolinah...ws/page__st__75

#24 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

stupid liberals ignoring the possibility of straight edge terrorism

#25 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,865 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

lol. "Unilaterally violated another country's sovereignty" is also known as "continued being america"

Can't argue with this, however I also can never merely accept precedent as a valid justification.

#26 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,960 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Can't argue with this, however I also can never merely accept precedent as a valid justification.

I'm curious as to what you would have had us do in that situation...

I agree that presidents often receive more praise than due when things go well, and also more blame than due when things don't. However in the Osama Bin Laden capture/killing, I do give Obama credit for making the call to get it done. The intelligence community found him and the military took care of it, but the President had to authorize it. Bill Clinton would still be waiting on the UN and George Bush would have nuked Pakistan... Obama made the right call.

Should we have politely asked Pakistan, who probably already knew exactly where he was anyway, "hey, can you guys please capture this terrorist for us?"

#27 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

How much money do we give them on an annual bases? How many millions?

The way I see it, we own some of that country anyways. :)

#28 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

How much money do we give them on an annual bases? How many millions?

The way I see it, we own some of that country anyways. :)

Maybe so. Question is does compensation = justification. I'm not sure, maybe in some scenarios.

#29 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Considering the international implications that could have come if it went bad, it was a very tough decision. But you can go ahead and continue to downplay it because it makes you feel inferior...which you are.

Personal attacks when no valid counter argument can be had, classic Liberal strategy.

#30 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Lol... Wasn't an attack anymore than saying the sky is blue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com