Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Draft chat with Joe Person...

75 posts in this topic

Posted

Sounds like he contradicts a lot of what Gettleman says. Who to believe...

Posted

I mentioned all the WR's they brought in for predraft visits and asked if we make it through day 2 without taking one...he said he thinks they'll take one "at some point".

Thanks Joe.

Posted

Someone just asked if they would take Austin or Hopkins at 14, Person simply replied no.

Posted

I'd rather talk about the draft with some hobo off the street than Person.

Posted

Said the Panthers will at least need a winning record next year for Rivera to keep his job. That may be tough.

Posted

Now says if Austin is there they will be tempted but probably won't pick him. Either a lot of misinformation out there or Person has no clue.

Think its a little of both.

Posted

Can't remember, but wasn't Person one of the first people on the Luke to the Panthers bandwagon or was it Coples?

person was never first to anything.

i think his afterbirth beat him out out of the womb.

1 person likes this

Posted

sounds like person's sources are the draftniks that keep on mocking richardson to us.

wouldn't surprise me. most of the time his sources are tweets he read.

I think you may be right.

First he says the Panthers don't love Richardson, then says they'll take him? :blink:

Talks about Gettleman wanting to trade. Granted it's possible but did he already forget the stuff said at the press conference he attended and asked questions in? :unsure:

Is asked about needs and doesn't list receiver, ignoring the fact that receiver is the position they used for most of their prospect visits :wacko:

All this after Person parroted Yasinskas assertion that Brandon Beane would get interviewed for the GM position.

Zod may be right. It almost sounds like he doesn't care much about his job.

1 person likes this

Posted

Person is annoyed that he covers the Panthers.

This is my biggest gripe about Person. He just doesnt seem to be a football fan either.

Whenever I hear him interviewed or see his demeanor he sounds like as he is exhaling depression as he answers the question at the same time. It is such a chore for him to put content out that is basically a twitter link.

Posted

I'll say this...I'm pretty disappointed. He doesn't seem to know anything more than what can be read here.

Posted

I don't even think he's reading the questions at this point.

12:40

Comment From Larry Frederick Do you think Badger playing too much "Call of Duty" will hurt his status?

12:40

Joe Person: sure

1 person likes this

Posted

He has no sources.

James Dator has more insight to the Panthers than our beat writers right now.