74 replies to this topic

#46 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Someone asked about resigning Hardy, Joe says they will make it work and that the market isn't what it was when CJ was resigned. Maybe the most obvious statement he's made so far.

#47 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Seriously :blink:

Did he read Gettlemen's "don't trade a dollar for 3 dimes" comment differently than the rest of us?

Sorry mr scott that was a typo. He said he thinks they would NOT want to drop that far. My bad.

#48 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,440 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Sorry mr scott that was a typo. He said he thinks they would NOT want to drop that far. My bad.

Gotcha. No problem.

Still too much in what he says that just doesn't sound very informed.

Sure, we could all be shocked on draft day, but it honestly sounds like the same kind of lazy journalism that you see from some other Panther sources (Yasinskas is a prime example).

#49 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Ok that's a wrap. Here's what I got from the chat:

1) The Panthers view the needs as DT, CB, S, and OT. Not so much wide receiver.

2) The Panthers wouldn't mind adding more picks but won't drop back too far in order to do it.

3) Person seems to think that the defensive backfield is definitely going to be augmented through the draft in some way.

4) Person seems to like Richardson a lot but doesn't seem sure if the Panthers are.

5) Austin would be tempting to grab if he's there but doesn't think the Panthers will do it.

6) Rivera absolutely needs a winning record to remain in Carolina.

7) Panthers will only address OL if the right guy is there, if they do he thinks Bell could move inside to guard.

8) He definitely feels that there are better safety prospects than Vaccaro, and doesn't think he'll be the pick.

9) He thinks there is a strong chance that Star could fall and that the panthers would take him if he was there.

10) Person has no clue what the Panthers want and I just wasted an hour of my life.

#50 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,080 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Move #10 to #1 and delete everything else in the summary.

#51 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

He has no sources.
James Dator has more insight to the Panthers than our beat writers right now.

I miss DGantt and Steve Reed.

#52 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

In fairness to him, NO ONE knows who the Panthers are going to take or want. Hell, at where we're picking it's hard to tell who is even going to be on the board. Him saying that we wouldn't take Tavon Austin is completely contradictory to what David Gettleman has been preaching though.

#53 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

lol Person knows absolutely nothing.

I'd bet almost anything that the "source close to the team" Yas and that walterfootball dork is Person as well.

So every year we're forced to suffer through a cycle of some hack job who doesn't qualify as anything more than a casual fan spouts off opinions to people who don't know well enough to know he's no more credible that trucatzfan.

#54 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Person is annoyed that he covers the Panthers.

Person covers the Panthers?

#55 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,903 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Person has no clue what the Panthers want and I just wasted an hour of my life.

Abridged. LOL.

Get your priorities straight, man. That hour could have gone to waste in the Huddle.

#56 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

If this is true, I hope Richardson is off the board before we pick. DO NOT WANT.

#57 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,440 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

In fairness to him, NO ONE knows who the Panthers are going to take or want. Hell, at where we're picking it's hard to tell who is even going to be on the board. Him saying that we wouldn't take Tavon Austin is completely contradictory to what David Gettleman has been preaching though.

He's a sportswriter. His whole job is to know stuff. That's what he's paid to do.

Even if he can't get hold of the Panthers draft board, he should at least have researched the team enough to be able to make good, solid educated guesses.

I see no indication he's put in that much effort.

#58 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,587 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

1) The Panthers view the needs as DT, CB, S, and OT. Not so much wide receiver.

2) The Panthers wouldn't mind adding more picks but won't drop back too far in order to do it.

3) Person seems to think that the defensive backfield is definitely going to be augmented through the draft in some way.

4) Person seems to like Richardson a lot but doesn't seem sure if the Panthers are.

5) Austin would be tempting to grab if he's there but doesn't think the Panthers will do it.

6) Rivera absolutely needs a winning record to remain in Carolina.

7) Panthers will only address OL if the right guy is there, if they do he thinks Bell could move inside to guard.

8) He definitely feels that there are better safety prospects than Vaccaro, and doesn't think he'll be the pick.

9) He thinks there is a strong chance that Star could fall and that the panthers would take him if he was there.

10) Person has no clue what the Panthers want and I just wasted an hour of my life.

Nothing new that we doesn't already know of. Damn Person

#59 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

person is the last person i'd try to inquire anything footballish

#60 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,568 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Said he thinks Hopkins and Allen will be there in the second. Ummmm...maybe Allen but no way Hopkins drops. St Louis reportedly is in love with him.

Isn't he the poo flinger?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.