#1 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

http://usnews.nbcnew...-rail-line?lite

Canadian security forces thwarted a plot to blow up a rail line between Canada and the United States announced two arrests on Monday afternoon.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers said the suspects, who are alleged to have al-Qaeda connections, had sought to attack the railroad between Toronto and New York City.

Canadian officials worked closely with the FBI throughout the investigation, which began last year.

FBI is busy these days.

#2 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I wonder what the answer to this terrorism issue really is, or if there is one.

Is it more war, more money, get out of the middle east completely....I really don't know what they want other than pain and suffering to all.

#3 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,647 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

canada finally did something right.

#4 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Oh poo... we'll never hear the end of this from Hawk.

#5 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Is it more war, more money, get out of the middle east completely....I really don't know what they want other than pain and suffering to all.

I remember my buddy over from the UK after 9-11 was like "get used to it dude." Fortunately we have been very lucky compared to what the UK went through in the 70's 80's and 90's with the IRA.

The IRA seems to have fizzled somewhat. I guess you get tired of bombing sometimes.

#6 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

canada finally did something right.

Not a crown royal drinker, eh?

#7 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

just another day in Canadia!

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

There is no answer that will stop all terrorist attacks. There is always going to be a few people who see there is some injustice in the world, either real or perceived, and is foolish enough to think that more violence will stop it. Or someone who thinks if they kill enough people, they can accomplish some ludicrous goal. And enough of them are going to get lucky (or unlucky as the case may be) to accomplish just enough to make the next guy think he has some chance at success.

#9 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,766 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I like Canada's proactive approach versus our reactive one.

#10 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

The US approach has always been and still is proactive.

#11 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Shiiit the US approach to terrorism has been so proactive we go overseas and create more of them ourselves

#12 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

http://www.torontosu...out-terror-plot

Muslim community tipped off RCMP about terror plot

TORONTO - Muslims want a safe Canada, too.

That's what Muhammad Robert Heft, a Muslim community leader in Scarborough, wants his fellow Torontonians to know as the RCMP arrested a Muslim man in the GTA for allegedly plotting a rail attack that would have taken innocent lives. Not only do Muslims in the city condemn the attack, they turned over information in a bid to help foil it.

"There is going to be backlash," he said, alluding to those who will blame the Muslim community. "But I want to reiterate. Who was the one who tipped the RCMP off? It was our community."

Heft said Muslim leaders are often criticized for not speaking up or not turning over information about radicalized community members. They are cooperating, he said.

"We have to be on the front lines," he said. "To either nip it in the bud in the very beginning or co-operate with authorities so they can be brought to justice."

Heft himself runs an out-reach program for youth who are at risk of being radicalized.

"At the end of the day, it's not how you dress, it's how you think," he said. "In our community we may look a little different, but in our hearts we love Canada. It's our country. It's our tribe. We want safety for all Canadians regardless of their religion."

#13 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

See...once the polar bear wars are done after each winter THIS is what Canadians are capable of. Too bad their beer sucks.

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

http://www.torontosu...out-terror-plot

Posted Image

#15 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

http://www.theglobea...rticle11464897/

News of a terror plot to attack a Via Rail train, just one week after the Boston Marathon bombings, has pushed public security to the front burner just as the Harper government seeks Parliament’s authority to curb civil liberties in the name of keeping Canadians safe.
At issue is S-7, the Combating Terrorism Act, which would authorize police to pre-emptively detain Canadians and hold them for up to three days without charging them.

The bill would also allow authorities to imprison a Canadian for up to 12 months if the person refuses to testify in front of a judge at an investigative hearing.

The legislation would also make it a federal crime to leave or try to leave Canada for the purpose of committing terrorism or attending a terrorist training camp.

Curious...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.