Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ted Nugent: "Time to stretch neck of jihadist punk "

84 posts in this topic

Posted

Whether he receives it or not, it is what it is. That is just his punishment for the crimes committed. I just don't get the jubilation people get out of it. When people campaign that he should be hung, shot from the feet up, or any other imaginable death sentence, I see that as being enthuisastic about him dying. I see this as a bad thing. Stopping events like this from happening again, should be our focus. The best way to stop it, is to reach the people before they are radicalized, and even reach the radicalized. Once they are changed, you are much more effective.

I hear what you're saying... and I wouldn't be "jubilant" about it, but I do feel that it's what he deserves and I certainly wouldn't feel bad about it. He (and his brother) made the conscious decision to inflict death and injury on others for whatever reasons they had and it should come back around.

I don't think that their deaths would necessarily be a deterrent. It would be a punishment, and a just one.

Posted

Yeah, the punishment would be just.

Posted

I don't believe in the death penalty, and I don't really care what Ted Nugent thinks, anymore than I care what Alec Baldwin thinks.

But I do think cases tend to be too long and drawn out nowadays. Even minor cases can get as many continuances as the lawyer ask for. This increases the cost and backlog in the courts. The Constitution guarantees a right to speedy trial with a impartial jury, not to a long drawn out cumbersome trial. I do think that the legislature should limit the number of delays/continuances that can be granted to a defendant to 3-4.

Posted

I am not saying he should not be given a fair trial. I just think that if he is found guilty of doing this he should die for his crimes and he should do so quickly. That would be justice.

Posted

Posted

That's right Ted.. guilty until proven innocent and all that 'Murrican poo! Civil rights? fug'em!

Meh.. I won't even bother to hop on my soapbox for this one.

Posted

I'm not agreeing with Ted...but the dude is guilty. You can claim your innocence up until the point you admit you did it, which is kinda what miranda tells you to do. To shut up.

Posted

Yes the system is slow but advocating tying him up to a tree ASAP isn't the solution either.

Conservatives often get so caught up in radical rhetoric they fail at making a legitimate point. Too often they take it about 3 steps to far.

Posted

No kidding...I'm surprised we don't have pressure cooker background checks yet.

Posted

Well of course you're surprised.

Posted

Give it time Grasshopper.....I hear that the liberal left is drafting up proposed legislation to ban any of them with a capacity greater than 1 quart.

Posted

I am not saying he should not be given a fair trial. I just think that if he is found guilty of doing this he should die for his crimes and he should do so quickly. That would be justice.

How exactly does killing him quickly make for better justice?

I would rather he be forced to rot in a prison cell for the rest of his natural life. Just a lifetime alone to think about what he did

And if he isnt the least bit remorseful, I dont really give a fug. I'm not bloodthirsty, I dont need to see his dead body to consider justice served