83 replies to this topic

#16 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

If that had been my kid that died in Boston, public hanging would be too good for the scum that did this. Terrible Ted might be crazy but I think he is right on this one. Justice should be swift and should fit the crime.

Hell no.

The last thing I want is a government that's ruthlessly fast and efficient at putting down criminals. Give me a slow, lumbering, clumsy, weak government any day of the week.

#17 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Is it really clumsy or weak to be sure we've given a person charged with a crime a fair shot at a trial and fair judgement based on the evidence? Sure, there are times where the system fugs up, but there are times when it absolutely works. It isn't broken so much as there are loopholes that exist, but loopholes will exist when you're interested in fairness and justice. It's just the sad truth. The best we can do is minimize those and hope our prosecutors and defenders are both good at arguing fairly, justly, and honestly based on the evidence present.

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

FWIW Ted's playing in Massachusetts tonight. Hes opening for REO Speedwagon...who is opening for Styx. A guy I know who is there just FB'ed that REO was way better than Mister Kill It and Grill It. Gotta Roll With the Changes.

#19 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

quiet everyone, ted "poo his pants to dodge the draft and spent the 70s fuging 15 year old girls" nugent has an opinion

This

#20 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,525 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

Posted Image

#21 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Even if the bombing suspect gets the death penalty and die for his crimes, we shouldn't rejoice about it. If he dies for his crimes, then that is just the penalty. Yet what I would really want to see, is for Dzhokhar to sincerely apologize and confess to his crimes. Not that we demand it out of him, but that he confesses to his actions. I think that would give some amount of comfort to the victims and their families, compared to him dying in his faults.

I mean there is another battle that is being fought here. People all over the world are looking at what we do concerning this guy, that includes possibly other young men who are exposed to these radical ideas of terrorism. If they see us treating Dzhokhar as a human, in spite of his actions, it may cause them to think about their own beliefs. Causing a revolution within the radical ranks overseas. So again, if he dies because of his crimes, that is just the penalty of his actions. I'm not going to rejoice over that, I and I'm sure everyone else would much rather the thing never happened! (Except probably politicians who look for reasons to show their hate)

#22 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

I was laughing at hannity and a douchebag congressman from NY the other night when they said how sad this country has become after suspect #2 was read his Miranda rights. What a "dangerous thing" this was. Yeah Sean, how terrible it is when an American citizen is afforded his rights. I hope the guy gets either life or is executed, but he's a citizen, like it or not, and his right is due process.

#23 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,447 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

Even if the bombing suspect gets the death penalty and die for his crimes, we shouldn't rejoice about it. If he dies for his crimes, then that is just the penalty. Yet what I would really want to see, is for Dzhokhar to sincerely apologize and confess to his crimes. Not that we demand it out of him, but that he confesses to his actions. I think that would give some amount of comfort to the victims and their families, compared to him dying in his faults.

I mean there is another battle that is being fought here. People all over the world are looking at what we do concerning this guy, that includes possibly other young men who are exposed to these radical ideas of terrorism. If they see us treating Dzhokhar as a human, in spite of his actions, it may cause them to think about their own beliefs. Causing a revolution within the radical ranks overseas. So again, if he dies because of his crimes, that is just the penalty of his actions. I'm not going to rejoice over that, I and I'm sure everyone else would much rather the thing never happened! (Except probably politicians who look for reasons to show their hate)

Nope. They would see this as a sign of weakness.

Politics and Ted Nugent aside. If they have the guy on video planting one of the bags that exploded (rock solid evidence iow), he deserves the death penalty. Period. Apology, recanting, etc aside.

#24 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Nope. They would see this as a sign of weakness.

Politics and Ted Nugent aside. If they have the guy on video planting one of the bags that exploded (rock solid evidence iow), he deserves the death penalty. Period. Apology, recanting, etc aside.

Whether he receives it or not, it is what it is. That is just his punishment for the crimes committed. I just don't get the jubilation people get out of it. When people campaign that he should be hung, shot from the feet up, or any other imaginable death sentence, I see that as being enthuisastic about him dying. I see this as a bad thing. Stopping events like this from happening again, should be our focus. The best way to stop it, is to reach the people before they are radicalized, and even reach the radicalized. Once they are changed, you are much more effective.

#25 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,447 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Whether he receives it or not, it is what it is. That is just his punishment for the crimes committed. I just don't get the jubilation people get out of it. When people campaign that he should be hung, shot from the feet up, or any other imaginable death sentence, I see that as being enthuisastic about him dying. I see this as a bad thing. Stopping events like this from happening again, should be our focus. The best way to stop it, is to reach the people before they are radicalized, and even reach the radicalized. Once they are changed, you are much more effective.

I hear what you're saying... and I wouldn't be "jubilant" about it, but I do feel that it's what he deserves and I certainly wouldn't feel bad about it. He (and his brother) made the conscious decision to inflict death and injury on others for whatever reasons they had and it should come back around.

I don't think that their deaths would necessarily be a deterrent. It would be a punishment, and a just one.

#26 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

Yeah, the punishment would be just.

#27 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,104 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

I don't believe in the death penalty, and I don't really care what Ted Nugent thinks, anymore than I care what Alec Baldwin thinks.

But I do think cases tend to be too long and drawn out nowadays. Even minor cases can get as many continuances as the lawyer ask for. This increases the cost and backlog in the courts. The Constitution guarantees a right to speedy trial with a impartial jury, not to a long drawn out cumbersome trial. I do think that the legislature should limit the number of delays/continuances that can be granted to a defendant to 3-4.

#28 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

I am not saying he should not be given a fair trial. I just think that if he is found guilty of doing this he should die for his crimes and he should do so quickly. That would be justice.

#29 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Dad weighs in

#30 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

That's right Ted.. guilty until proven innocent and all that 'Murrican poo! Civil rights? fug'em!

Meh.. I won't even bother to hop on my soapbox for this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com