83 replies to this topic

#31 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

I'm not agreeing with Ted...but the dude is guilty. You can claim your innocence up until the point you admit you did it, which is kinda what miranda tells you to do. To shut up.

#32 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Yes the system is slow but advocating tying him up to a tree ASAP isn't the solution either.

Conservatives often get so caught up in radical rhetoric they fail at making a legitimate point. Too often they take it about 3 steps to far.

#33 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

No kidding...I'm surprised we don't have pressure cooker background checks yet.

#34 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Well of course you're surprised.

#35 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,954 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Give it time Grasshopper.....I hear that the liberal left is drafting up proposed legislation to ban any of them with a capacity greater than 1 quart.

#36 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

I am not saying he should not be given a fair trial. I just think that if he is found guilty of doing this he should die for his crimes and he should do so quickly. That would be justice.

How exactly does killing him quickly make for better justice?

I would rather he be forced to rot in a prison cell for the rest of his natural life. Just a lifetime alone to think about what he did

And if he isnt the least bit remorseful, I dont really give a fug. I'm not bloodthirsty, I dont need to see his dead body to consider justice served

#37 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Give it time Grasshopper.....I hear that the liberal left is drafting up proposed legislation to ban any of them with a capacity greater than 1 quart.

Is that before or after Obama comes to my house to take my guns?

#38 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

How exactly does killing him quickly make for better justice?

I would rather he be forced to rot in a prison cell for the rest of his natural life. Just a lifetime alone to think about what he did

And if he isnt the least bit remorseful, I dont really give a fug. I'm not bloodthirsty, I dont need to see his dead body to consider justice served

I try to imagine myself in the victim's place or his family member's place. If it were my kid who was killed I would want the killer put to death. Letting him live, even in prison, while my kid was dead would not be justice.

#39 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

I try to imagine myself in the victim's place or his family member's place. If it were my kid who was killed I would want the killer put to death. Letting him live, even in prison, while my kid was dead would not be justice.

Approaching trials from the perspective of the victim's family is probably the worst idea I've ever heard for our justice system

We should try to take emotions out of the equation, not put more of them in

#40 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Approaching trials from the perspective of the victim's family is probably the worst idea I've ever heard for our justice system

We should try to take emotions out of the equation, not put more of them in

The trial should obviously be objective and based only on the facts of the case. I am talking about what the appropriate punishment should be for a specific crime. This crime was so heinous as to deserve death. I am a firm believer in the notion that anyone who willfully kills a child, especially in a terrorist act, should be put to death.

#41 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,954 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Is that before or after Obama comes to my house to take my guns?

definitely after...lol

#42 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

and the line between "us and them" becomes that much blurrier

#43 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,389 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Which is why family members of the victim never sit on the jury.

#44 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,389 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Observing paleo-conservatives, it becomes clear to me the ability to create jokes and the ability to put together analogies come from the same place in the brain.

It also becomes clear that part of the brain is underdeveloped or non-existent in them.

#45 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Yes the system is slow but advocating tying him up to a tree ASAP isn't the solution either.

Conservatives often get so caught up in radical rhetoric they fail at making a legitimate point. Too often they take it about 3 steps to far.

You think conservatives are the only ones who do that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.