Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cat Fanboy

Just not excited about this year's draft.

Cat Fanboy    46

Been a long time..well..never since I haven't been excited by the draft. This year has me with severe case of 'meh'.

Austin falling to us might be exciting...BUT how many WR picked in first round work out? How many WR have we drafted that have worked out period?

I'd be happy with some solid players that can give starters competition. DB/CB (whats difference between DB & CB?), and safety are 'needs' in my book.

chubs2496    280

Well get your a$$ in gear son. We got a helluva draft and possible turning point to this franchise ahead.

Get ready and have some joy. I understand your feelings but go to the grocery store. Stockpile the beer and brats and munchies for this weekend. :)

Argus Plexus    965

Honestly, I'm just excited for the end of the really boring portion of the offseason. Almost none of these prospects particularly excite me.

• Pie 1

rayzor    10,318

having one of the best talent evaluators in the league making the picks makes this exciting for me.

Jakob    3,918

Thanks for letting us know how you feel, I'll write it down and take note.

Panther4lyfe    20

This is one of my most exciting drafts. First time we in a position to get just about anybody we want, and not pingeoned hole to one position. Plus unlike many people think about this draft I think these prospects have the ability to be an elite player one day.

• Pie 2

SauceBoss    356

"Austin falling to us might be exciting...BUT how many WR picked in first round work out? How many WR have we drafted that have worked out period?"

THIS is why I don't want Tavon Austin.

Doyle    4,166

"Austin falling to us might be exciting...BUT how many WR picked in first round work out? How many WR have we drafted that have worked out period?"

Well you can't just stop drafting wide receivers in the first because it hasn't worked out too well for us in the past.

• Pie 1

carolina-chuck    2,761

Just Austin or all the top receivers in this draft ?

carolina-chuck    2,761

Austin falling to us might be exciting...BUT how many WR picked in first round work out? How many WR have we drafted that have worked out period?

So we should just forget about a receiver in the 1st? Just keep taking bottom tier guys in the late rounds or sign guys through FA?

We just been bad at drafting a receiver or either our coaches just suck at grooming receivers. Does not make us stay away from a receiver in the 1st or 2nd.

Khaki Lackey    5,041

This draft class isn't very exciting. I just don't see Tavon Austin as being the missing piece we need. I say trade down if possible. The Hurney home-run pick just isn't there at 14 with this draft class.

CatMan72    4,538

You should be, we finally have someone with a significant background in talent evaluation calling the shots.