Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just not excited about this year's draft.

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Austin falling to us might be exciting...BUT how many WR picked in first round work out? How many WR have we drafted that have worked out period?

So we should just forget about a receiver in the 1st? Just keep taking bottom tier guys in the late rounds or sign guys through FA?

We just been bad at drafting a receiver or either our coaches just suck at grooming receivers. Does not make us stay away from a receiver in the 1st or 2nd.

Posted

This draft class isn't very exciting. I just don't see Tavon Austin as being the missing piece we need. I say trade down if possible. The Hurney home-run pick just isn't there at 14 with this draft class.

Posted

You should be, we finally have someone with a significant background in talent evaluation calling the shots.

Posted

The only prospect in this draft that really excites me is Star. I'd be happy to get Hankins, Hunter or Rambo too, but Star is the only guy I'd be actually excited about.

Posted

I will always be excited about the draft. The draft is filled with possibilities, not just for us, for everyone. I enjoy the wheeling and dealing, and the strategy behind the draft. I am intrigued by the result (which may not come into focus until a few years afterwards). There is something very human about seeing young men and their families' reactions and emotions once their names are called (or not on that first day). And, lastly, there are always those diamonds in the rough---those unexpected stars who achieve much more than anyone ever thought they would (like a Tom Brady or Steve Smith)---who are there for the picking, so the draft should never be taken for granted. You never know how it's all going to shake out, and that's what's so interesting.

Posted

I'm more excited this year because of Gettleman and it being a complete unknown how he will approach it.

Posted

I'm more excited this year because of Gettleman and it being a complete unknown how he will approach it.

this, and as far as draft position goes we are pretty good shape, I think this draft is lacking in top 5 talent but 10-32 is as good as any year.

Posted

Star would be nice - I'd be happier trading down and banking some pics for next year. So far Gman gets top grades for his wheeling and dealing and yeah - it is exciting to see act 2.

Posted

I really think Star Lotulelei is underrated. I think he's better than any DT that came out last year. He's an elite prospect in my mind.

Posted

This is such an even draft talent wise that I think it will be one of the wildest drafts in some time. It may not bring as much in regards to talent but it should be a hoot to watch.

Posted

The last WR we drafted in the 1st was a total fug up....

oh wait....

Posted

yeah he turned out to be a murderer so we need to stay far away from WR in the 1st.