• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Media revenue will now be north of 20 million per year per team.

The big thing though is that if teams leave, the ACC is entitled to their media earnings in whatever conference they move to.

It was signed by all schools, even Notre Dame.

This should stop the realignment circus for a while, at least in major conferences.

I bet UCONN and Cincy are real mad right now. This might have locked them into the American Athletic Conference for a long long time.

#2 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Excellent move for the conference. Almost guarantees that the conference will be around for at least 12 more years.

I am not sure those schools are locked out. Since there is almost no chance of Notre Dame becoming a full member, the ACC might eventually try to add a school to get up to 16 in football.

#3 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Excellent move for the conference. Almost guarantees that the conference will be around for at least 12 more years.

I am not sure those schools are locked out. Since there is almost no chance of Notre Dame becoming a full member, the ACC might eventually try to add a school to get up to 16 in football.

What is the arrangement now, 15 schools, but 14 for football, or is it a 16/15 split? If they have 15 football schools now, they should just steal Navy from the AAC before Navy joins.

#4 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

15 for football, 16 for everything else I think.

#5 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Pretty much stops any team from leaving for that period. Good move on the ACC part. Hopefully with the new playoff system it will allow for teams to play old rivals and better teams at the beginning of the season.

#6 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,295 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

14 teams for football + ND for 5 games. 15 teams all other sports. Now that the ACC is stable it should seriously consider reorganizing the divisions regionally, North and South. It would provide for more traditional rivalries and increase the number of games within driving distance for fans/students.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com