#31 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,813 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

I would be incredibly annoyed if that happened. We already have an all pro TE it would be a waste of a pick to get another.

Except we don't have an All Pro TE.

We have a good TE, but he's not an All Pro and isn't top 5.

#32 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

No. But, if Gettleman and staff feel that he and Olsen would give us a duo similar to what the Pats have in Gronk and Hernandez, then why not? Gettleman certainly seems serious about getting Cam more weapons one way or another.

I do find it entertaining though that anytime someone disagrees with another person's draft preference, they accuse that person of Madden GM'ing.

Agreed. Fans assume it was Wes Welker that made The Patriots' offense dynamic but in reality it's Gronk and Hernandez that are responsible for New England having a scary offense.

A two-TE set is an ideal system for any young or veteran QB in the league.

#33 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

I think of Olsen as pretty much wr anyway. Both would be interchangeable. A weapon is a weapon.

#34 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

passing league = nfl turning into madden.

i think that's the goal, anyway. got to make the game more exciting. more passing. more targets. more weapons.

not saying we aren't going to go get one of them but we have enough holes on defense that one of the first two is going D, it just depends who drops to us.

#35 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

I would love the pick. We don't have a backup to Greg Olsen on the roster and Tyler would make a ton of sense.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,576 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

not saying we aren't going to go get one of them but we have enough holes on defense that one of the first two is going D, it just depends who drops to us.

i know. i feel the same way. problem is we don't know who the best/biggest impact player is going to be. i'm preparing myself for just about anything, including a situation where we draft a WR and TE or two WRs or two DTs or two safeties or just about anything, tbh.

if gettleman thinks that there are no glaring holes and thinks he can get adequate and quicker answers for depth concerns in FA then i would be prepared to see a somewhat lopsided draft in some people's minds...esp. if the plan is to get the best players and not focus on needs or holes.

#37 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

I would love the pick. We don't have a backup to Greg Olsen on the roster and Tyler would make a ton of sense.

You don't use the 14th pick on a back-up when you have holes at starter.

#38 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

You don't use the 14th pick on a back-up when you have holes at starter.

Meh...none of the wide receivers in this draft class would start over Smith or lafell right now. So that's not really a valid argument. Eifert/any WR would get serious playing time though and add a dimension to the offense that could help a ton. And Eifert would be huge in the redzone, the guy is 6'6".

The only players we could take that would "start" immediately would be a safety and maybe a corner. Even a DT would probably rotate in until midway through the season.

But who knows, we could bring a guy in and they could jump out in training camp and win a starting job.

#39 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,269 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

i wouldnt be mad at getting Eifert, but i would rather have Kelce in a later round.

#40 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,269 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Meh...none of the wide receivers in this draft class would start over Smith or lafell right now. So that's not really a valid argument. Eifert/any WR would get serious playing time though and add a dimension to the offense that could help a ton. And Eifert would be huge in the redzone, the guy is 6'6".

The only players we could take that would "start" immediately would be a safety and maybe a corner. Even a DT would probably rotate in until midway through the season.

But who knows, we could bring a guy in and they could jump out in training camp and win a starting job.

that is something we do not know until TC.

#41 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

I had to stop watching his highlights a couple weeks ago because the more i watched the more i liked him. Then i probably would have been the one starting this thread.

#42 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Except we don't have an All Pro TE.

We have a good TE, but he's not an All Pro and isn't top 5.

He was the teams leading receiver and there's absolutely no reason at all draft another TE it would be a complete waste of a draft pick.

#43 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

He was the teams leading receiver and there's absolutely no reason at all draft another TE it would be a complete waste of a draft pick.

Because the two te set has never ever been used effectively in the nfl...oh wait.

Im not saying Eifert will be the pick but if the panthers want a td scorer and matchup problem he is better(more proven at the very least) than any player in the draft.

#44 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,742 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

with the 14th pick? uh no. hurney is no longer with the carolina panthers

#45 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationMaine/Cali

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

I wouldn't be thrilled with this pick but could certainly warm up to the idea or thought of us taking him. It all comes down to who is on the board when we make our selection.

Outside of Austin, I think Eifert would be the best offensive weapon we could add at 14. He is a massive target with incredible hands and would be great to pair with Olsen in the red zone. Olsen and Eifert on the field at the same time with 89 and Lafell on the outside would create massive mismatches. A nickel corner or LBer aren't going to be able to shut them down and I think brining a safety to cover them would leave them to get beat deep.

Interesting pick that could certainly happen. I'm not ruling anything out now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.