Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd child of Pa. couple dies after only praying

135 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stirs' timestamp='1367066645' post='2212010']
Hi Cat, I was speaking in general just about the Huddle.

I would agree that Christians know very little about Islam, and vice versa. I know the basics of several of them, but do not spend huge amounts of time. Judaism would be somewhat more familiar because of the old testament. But, even the sects of Judaism become blurred at times.
[/quote]

Gotcha

I'm quite curious as to why you have not looked into other religions.

Posted · Report post

theology will not make a change in a persons heart the way Jesus will.

and believers are just as impacted on a daily basis by non believers. we are all in the same boat, we just have different chairs on the deck and some have window seats and others don't.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1367077805' post='2212245']

Gotcha

I'm quite curious as to why you have not looked into other religions.
[/quote]

Grew up like many of you in a conservative, bible thumping background. Walked away from that a bit during college and after. Late twenties found me heading back the old direction, but with some different views. Creation has a lot to do with it. No matter what black hole, big bang, blah, blah, blah, I read, I still felt intelligent design was where it started.

After that, Christianity was way more believable an option. Other religions did not have a complete a picture for me. I will confess that I did not spend years searching through them, but was thrown off by certain things.