Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd child of Pa. couple dies after only praying

135 posts in this topic

Posted

Modern religious logic reminds me of Game of Thrones...

Some folks pray to the old gods...

Some worship the Seven...

Then this R'hllor comes along and somehow makes all other gods obsolete, his followers referring to him as the one true god...

Holler at me when you all start birthing shadow babies and working blood magic via leeches... Then I might give some merit to your religions...

Posted

Kindof ironic that leeches actually do perform some really good medical things for us when needed, and its observable and verifiable.

Posted

Or Krishna's work.

Or Zeus's work.

or Vishnu perhaps?

Aren't all of these god's equally as probable as to who is doing the miracles?

Absolutely....which is why I say to believe in what you believe. Trying to explain the unexplainable (either way) is a futile exercise.

For those who are agnostic.....no problem.

For those who are wicken....no problem

For those who are very religious...no problem

Just don't ridicule or judge others who believe differently.....and this definitely goes both ways.

Posted

Just don't ridicule or judge others who believe differently.....and this definitely goes both ways.

Can I ask, then, why this isn't your approach to all aspects of life, and seemingly applies to just religion?

To me, and this isn't directed at you particularly, but a lot of believers use this approach so long as the discussion is about religion. It's basically a tactic that equates to "leave my beliefs alone and I won't attack yours"... It's kind of hard to attack someone's spiritual beliefs, though, when they either don't know what they believe or simply have no spiritual beliefs period. So which side of your statement benefits from it?

Posted

One big reason I hope he exists (sarcasm)........to see the "Oh poo" looks on your faces when you are standing at the Pearly Gates trying to get it. Would be priceless.

your posts about the poor and how rich you are suggest you might be the one with the look on your face if anything jesus alluded to is true

Posted

your posts about the poor and how rich you are suggest you might be the one with the look on your face if anything jesus alluded to is true

BOOM!

Posted

Can I ask, then, why this isn't your approach to all aspects of life, and seemingly applies to just religion?

To me, and this isn't directed at you particularly, but a lot of believers use this approach so long as the discussion is about religion. It's basically a tactic that equates to "leave my beliefs alone and I won't attack yours"... It's kind of hard to attack someone's spiritual beliefs, though, when they either don't know what they believe or simply have no spiritual beliefs period. So which side of your statement benefits from it?

There are a lot of things in my life that I take this approach to.

Gay marriage.....to each his own

Religion....to each his own

I care about what others do when (1) it infringes on my rights or (2) I have to pay for it. Only then do I really believe I have a dog in the hunt.

Posted

Pearly gates...is this on a cloud or is it in space? Another reality? Who plays the harp? is there a book of judgement?

Does none of this seem like it was told in front of a fire by a bunch of Cave dwelling sheperds to pass the freaking time of no internet and science?!

Nevermind I'll pray for the answers....

Posted

I have said many times that I am 100% in favor of helping those who try to help themselves. It is only those who want to take zero accountability and put forth no effort to improve their lives that I take issue with.

Remember the parable.....about teaching a man to fish. There is a certain level of accountability and responsibility that is expected.

Posted

We all would do well if we have the mindset we are no better than the next guy.

If you notice I don't start threads to prove I'm right or my way is right or better than anybody elses.

There has always been things that we have no explanation for and all our logic and intelligence and spreadsheets can't reconcile.

I mean the mere fact we are Panther fans should show we believe in miracles by hoping they make the playoffs. Or we all need therapy.

Posted

Pearly gates...is this on a cloud or is it in space? Another reality? Who plays the harp? is there a book of judgement?

Does none of this seem like it was told in front of a fire by a bunch of Cave dwelling sheperds to pass the freaking time of no internet and science?!

Nevermind I'll pray for the answers....

You are exactly the type of idiot that I was talking about.

Just because you can't believe in something bigger than yourself.....you chose to insult those that do.

Posted

You are exactly the type of idiot that I was talking about.

Just because you can't believe in something bigger than yourself.....you chose to insult those that do.

is this the most ironic post in the tinderbox or what