37 replies to this topic

#16 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

It seems that we have had a lot of "this is a terrible draft" over the last few years.

#17 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

This draft is just what we need. No real superstars, but deep in our positions of need. If we play our cards right, we should be able to contain 3 immediate starters, and that would be a huge upgrade.

#18 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

From a hype machine perspective it's terrible because there are no clear elite QB's, which may actually work to our favor as teams reach on QB's and the real talent drops.

#19 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

Its bad when you look at the top 10, but when you look in the other rounds, it is actually pretty darn good.

#20 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

This draft is just lacking in the cant miss depth. Every year guys that should have been first round picks fall to the mid rounds and sometimes as far as undrafted. Just gotta be really good at what you do to project which players can and will transition the best at the next level.

In a way it makes this one of the more interesting drafts I have ever watched.

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,745 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

that team must have a top 5-10 pick because aside from the lack of super elite players at the top, it's quite good...but it also depends on what you're looking for. if you need solid DTs, WR, OL, or DBs, you're in luck. if you have a pick in the top 5 or are looking for a franchise QB, you're not going to be happy. this is a great year to have mid-late picks in the first round and a horrible year to have an early pick.

#22 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,482 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Although we are sitting at a odd spot right now I would have not liked to have been picking top 5. This draft could end up being a weird one .

#23 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,547 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'd have to look, but I could swear I've heard the same thing said about other recent drafts too.

Not sure how seriously I'd take it.

#24 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

There are exactly 32 first round talents every single year. Those are some really stupid comments by that "executive". You don't get to define what constitutes a round- that is already established.

#25 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Where was that thread where everyone was calling me an idiot for saying the same thing??

#26 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Its bad when you look at the top 10, but when you look in the other rounds, it is actually pretty darn good.

Its only "good" because the variation is lower because the top talent isn't really "top talent".

#27 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,018 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

It is a weak draft. But a good year to pick #14

#28 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,359 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

please then don't trade away future picks to trade back up in the third round

#29 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

One high level executive is stupid. How could he possibly know?

That's like saying this is going to be the worst day of my life when you woke up this morning.

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,745 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Its only "good" because the variation is lower because the top talent isn't really "top talent".

no, it's only good because there is a lot of talent in this class, but nothing at the top that really distinuishes itself.

again, you are basing this class being good or not for probably the exact same reason...the lack of upper tier/elite talent at the front of the draft....which we wouldn't be taking anyway because of where we sit.

as a whole thru the first few rounds this class is strong and full of solid players who will be productive starters with their teams. this class just doesn't have those 8 or so elite players people like to see that are head and shoulders above everyone else, although i don't think that the guys at the front are even much below the top talent in other drafts, it's that they just aren't that much better than the rest of the guys coming after them.

i think the thing that many complaining about this draft are having a problem with is that there are no QBs that excite anyone and that usually is the thing that hypes a draft up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.