Panthers want Star

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#71 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

I'm down with that. I still love Allen but I seem to be one of the few people in the world who would take him at 14. Trading back or landing Star seems to be out best bet right now.

Ya I think you are the only person. I absolutely would hate it if we draft him.

Saints and Dallas both want Vaccaro. Don't be surprise if we trade with Dallas.

"I won't try to talk myself out of not taking a good player", Gettleman said in his press conference. Vaccaro plays a position of need on our team and if he's there at 14 I think we are going to take him. Personally I wouldn't mind trading back just as long as we still can take Deandre Hopkins. There are a lot of players I love in this class though.

#72 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Ive been thinking about two defensive picks with our 1 & 2 as well.

I for one feel like our saftey situation is better than our cornerback's. If i am not mistaken, we are moving Godfrey back to his more natural FreeSafty position next year. He did very well at the end last year at FS. We brought in Mitchel who was one of the better downhill tackling safteys last year, right? If you plug that dude in SS i feel he would be pretty solid for us there. We got out pass defender in Godfrey and oir run stopper in Mitchell.

As for our cornerbacks, i am confident Norman will bounch back. But besides him, who do we got? Munny needs to stay on the slot guy, as that is where he does his best.

I feel like our defense would be serious if we were able to land Star with a CB in the 2nd

Josh Thomas played excellent, he shut down his side of the field quite often when he got a chance to get in. Plus Gettleman said they signed Florence with the intention of him starting.

#73 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• LocationBrooklyn, NY
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

If the price was right and Star got into our range he would be the only prospect I wouldn't mind trading up for. I think we will have teams at the end of the first like Atlanta or the 49ers doing everything they can to get ahead of us if he is still on the board and I'd be furious if he slipped away just a couple picks from us. At that point you go ahead and make a move to make sure he is in a Panthers uniform next season. That said, not sure Gettleman would do it but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed.

#74 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

But we lost all of those highlighted games because of bad safety play...

With 2 elite DTs your DBs will play with a godlike power.

#75 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

I am very excited. With any skill from our front office our team will improve immensely in the next 4 days.

#76 The Huddler

The Huddler

#BringHardyBack

• Location@TheHuddler2
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Josh Thomas played excellent, he shut down his side of the field quite often when he got a chance to get in. Plus Gettleman said they signed Florence with the intention of him starting.

I feel ya man if Josh Thomas is the guy and gets the job done, great. I feel like Rivera's scheme and strategy helped all these dudes out, even Wilkes. Together in San Diego they made a bunch of no names into the #1 ranked Defense together. If they can continue that here than CB really isn't an issue. I just don't see safety as being more of an issue.

In the end I feel we need DT/WR with the first two picks depending on who is available. So many different routes and combos with our situation.

#77 The Huddler

The Huddler

#BringHardyBack

• Location@TheHuddler2
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Kind of off topic, but did Gettleman say Josh Norman is a sleeper? Like a Cruz?

#78 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

I feel ya man if Josh Thomas is the guy and gets the job done, great. I feel like Rivera's scheme and strategy helped all these dudes out, even Wilkes. Together in San Diego they made a bunch of no names into the #1 ranked Defense together. If they can continue that here than CB really isn't an issue. I just don't see safety as being more of an issue.

In the end I feel we need DT/WR with the first two picks depending on who is available. So many different routes and combos with our situation.

I agree somewhat with what your saying about the CBs but don't forget Weddle was a big reason for Rivera's success in SD, and with our continuing interest in drafting a top tier safety (see: Mark Barron), dont count us out of drafting a safety early this year as well.

#79 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Kind of off topic, but did Gettleman say Josh Norman is a sleeper? Like a Cruz?

He said he came back a completely different person/player.

#80 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Mayock's mock draft special had him falling to us.

Austin went #8 to the Bills. Kenny Vacarro the next pick after us.

To be fair though, one of the NFLN people helping do that draft mocked Geno Smith #2 to the Jags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users