Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alvin Gentry A Possible Candidate?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Would be a solid hire.

He definetely has the pedigree

Posted

Would be a fan, those Phoenix Sun teams he coached were fun to watch. Would be interesting to see if Kemba could fill a Nash-eque role. But need to draft another effective playmaking big man.

Posted

Would be a fan, those Phoenix Sun teams he coached were fun to watch. Would be interesting to see if Kemba could fill a Nash-eque role. But need to draft another effective playmaking big man.

Nash and Amare = Kemba and Noel.

Obviously, Kemba and Noel would not be as good as them, but maybe they could be the lite version.

I'd be down with that.

Posted

I could live with him as coach. If they hire him I hope they give him more than one year.....

Posted

I'd rather have Gentry than McMillan, but I still wouldn't be a fan of the hiring.

He's had one good season and it was the 2009-2010 season in which he had Nash and Amare. Granted, he hasn't had the opportunity to coach good teams really, but I'm just not a fan. He would definitely be on my top 10 list, maybe even right outside the top 5, but I'd like to get either a more proven coach or a young up and coming NBA assistant like a Brian Shaw (even though I still find his comments to be pretty rude).

Posted

Mike Dantoni was really the coach when Amare and Nash were good- Gentry was there when Shaq was there = bleh

Posted

Yeah Brian Shaw isn't happening, he was a dick through the hiring process and doesn't deserve a head job if he is going to act like that.

Gentry seems like a real possibility to be honest.

Posted

Shaw probably won't be asked about the opening at all this time. The way he acted actually might have lost him a HC chance.

Posted

I swear if we hire Snyder I'll flip poo.

Posted

Gentry would be a pretty good hire.

I just hope Cho and MJ aint trying to experiment on another HC. Do the homework and hire the damn right guy this time.