#62 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Soooooo do these analysts not know we're hurting for a nose tackle and not an under tackle? We have Dwan, Sheldon would be redundant right now.

Thats what Im talking about.
Imo, I would be less mad if these experts have us taking Hankins over Star. But, Sheldon over Star is insane.

#63 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,891 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Soooooo do these analysts not know we're hurting for a nose tackle and not an under tackle? We have Dwan, Sheldon would be redundant right now.

exactly, Dwan was our biggest FA signing this offseason and one of the few guys we gave a multi-year contract to. he's coming off a stellar year, maybe the best of his career. everytime i see someone mock SR to us i just facepalm. we only have 5 picks, i dont see us using our 1st rounder on a guy that'll ride the bench for the next 2 years.

#64 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,099 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

All this DT talk IMO will be as pointless as last seasons....I think they go DB (S most likely). Get a starter in what is likely the weakest secondary in the NFL on paper

#65 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,358 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

He has top10 pick talents, so he's clearly worth a top 10-15 pick.
Im not sure where people are getting this "star isnt worth a top15" pick or hes overrated from.

He's got horrible technique, He's not a football guy and his technique hasn't improved much the last few years. Dt's in the NFL have to rely on technique, everyone is strong in the trenches.

Consistency issues, weight issues, motor issues, technique issues. He's got short arms and lacks explosive block breaking ability.

Sure he's got an explosive first step, above average strength and a pass rush move "Swim move"

That's about it, he's a strong bullish player with a good first step, lacks pass rush moves and technique to consistently break blocks and get into the backfield against NFL talent.

He's physically a top 10 talent, but everything else just screams out, his past weight problems make the health scare even worse.

#66 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

I have no idea why people get so worked up about mock drafts.

#67 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Btw..it will be hilarious if we do pick Richardson.

#68 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,343 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Why does the Huddle care, get emotional, diss, praise, get mad at, and make such a fuss about mock draft opinions?

#69 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,468 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

He's got horrible technique, He's not a football guy and his technique hasn't improved much the last few years. Dt's in the NFL have to rely on technique, everyone is strong in the trenches.

Consistency issues, weight issues, motor issues, technique issues. He's got short arms and lacks explosive block breaking ability.

Sure he's got an explosive first step, above average strength and a pass rush move "Swim move"

That's about it, he's a strong bullish player with a good first step, lacks pass rush moves and technique to consistently break blocks and get into the backfield against NFL talent.

But whos to say that he cant improve his technique in the pro?
Last time I checked, all these DTs in this draft have short arms. If Im right, Floyd's are shorter than Sheldon. His talents alone is worth a top 10 pick. If he improve his technique, you got the player of the draft.

Star was never known for his pass rushing ability and at NT, I care less about how well he gets after the QB. Sheldon and Floyd whom are suppose to be better interior rusher than Star had less sacks than him last season. And I dont care about Sheldon and Floyd being in the SEC "tougher conference" crap.

#70 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,816 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Way better than Vaccaro.

I hear Vaccaro is getting love in the top 12. Still, I think he is the pick.

#71 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,468 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Why does the Huddle care, get emotional, diss, praise, get mad at, and make such a fuss about mock draft opinions?

Why do you care, get emotional, diss, praise, get mad at, and make such a fuss about other memeber's opinions?

#72 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,468 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

I hear Vaccaro is getting love in the top 12. Still, I think he is the pick.

I hope he is. Its between Star and Vaccaro for me.

#73 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,468 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Btw..it will be hilarious if we do pick Richardson.

No it wont. Richardson would be a very good pick at 14. Just not infront of Star.

#74 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,358 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

But whos to say that he cant improve his technique in the pro?
Last time I checked, all these DTs in this draft have short arms. If Im right, Floyd's are shorter than Sheldon. His talents alone is worth a top 10 pick. If he improve his technique, you got the player of the draft.

Star was never known for his pass rushing ability and at NT, I care less about how well he gets after the QB. Sheldon and Floyd whom are suppose to be better interior rusher than Star had less sacks than him last season. And I dont care about Sheldon and Floyd being in the SEC "tougher conference" crap.

I'm just telling why he's falling so far, if he worked out with the Panther's and Rivera thinks he's a football guy he'll be the pick if he's there. If they don't think he's a football guy, then he won't be the pick and he'll slide into the high teens.
His technique can improve, it's just a question of why didn't it improve that much while he was at Utah. Why did he have the major weight issue while playing in JC.
Is he a football guy, meaning do you live, breath and sleep football.

#75 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

So if Star and Richardson are both on the board, and we pick Richardson, will the hate then go from Mayock to Gettleman?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.