Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the love of everything holy, please stop talking about "tape"

34 posts in this topic

Posted

To my knowledge, no one here has access to coaches' film. That is "tape". YouTube clips are not "tape". Stop talking about "tape" or "game film". It makes you look like a fuging moron.

That's all.

Posted

Lol agreed

1 person likes this

Posted

the irony in this post is strong

Posted

To my knowledge, no one here has access to coaches' film. That is "tape". YouTube clips are not "tape". Stop talking about "tape" or "game film". It makes you look like a fuging moron.

That's all.

You need "tape" to evaluate a DT, DE, OT, OG, C, or RB?

Posted

I'm not saying that you can't form an opinion. I'm simply saying that plopping down in front of your computer and watching a couple of YouTube highlights is not watching tape. I always chuckle when I read a post stating "when I put on the tape..." C'mon, we all know what you did - you watched a YouTube highlight. Stop saying it because you heard Mike Mayock or Mel Kiper say it.

Posted

Yea i agree, but you can still get some valuable information even from "highlight" reels. Mostly just fundamental stuff, but still valuable. But yes, no one has access to the necessary camera angles to accurately assess a player.

Posted

That's all.

Sounds like you need watch the game tape bruh.

Posted

I'm not saying that you can't form an opinion. I'm simply saying that plopping down in front of your computer and watching a couple of YouTube highlights is not watching tape. I always chuckle when I read a post stating "when I put on the tape..." C'mon, we all know what you did - you watched a YouTube highlight. Stop saying it because you heard Mike Mayock or Mel Kiper say it.

Well, actually, there are videos on Youtube that have full Player vs. Team videos. That can give you a good idea. Obviously nobody here actually has access to tape but you can still evaluate a player pretty well off it.

Posted

Not all tape from youtube are hughlight videos though. I doubt that's what they're referring to. What they watched were probably cut up tapes of all the plays involving a player. It's not coaches' tape, but there is some valuable information there.

Posted

51J5uQLRfVL._SY300_.jpg

Posted

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=9&ttp=3

"Coaches film"

"Available only from the NFL, Coaches Film shows you exclusive angles (All-22 and EndZone) that let you watch and analyze the game like a pro football coach."

I have access to tape. Come at me bro.

1 person likes this

Posted

Someones in a pissy mood.