67 replies to this topic

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

This is more about beating them in the future thanks to changing demographics in NC. IN case you haven't noticed Republicans are in full out panic mode and are trying to figure out ways to game the system instead of adjusting their platform and letting democracy work the way it is supposed to.

Explain. Why don't we just vote the entire year of an election year. Have primaries in January. Just vote all year. I mean...if the goal is to simply get more voters in the game and less vetting...let's go for it.

#17 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Explain. Why don't we just vote the entire year of an election year. Have primaries in January. Just vote all year. I mean...if the goal is to simply get more voters in the game and less vetting...let's go for it.

There is a big difference between getting more voters to participate and actively trying to prevent certain voters from participating.

The ironic thing about this is that the only people participating in voter fraud are the people who support and pass these types of bills.

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

There is a big difference between getting more voters to participate and actively trying to prevent certain voters from participating.

The ironic thing about this is that the only people participating in voter fraud are the people who support and pass these types of bills.

Only?

Are you so sure?

http://cleveland.cbs...-up-to-6-times/

Shouldn't speak in absolutes liberal.

#19 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Only?

Are you so sure?

http://cleveland.cbs...-up-to-6-times/

Shouldn't speak in absolutes liberal.

Voter ID would not have prevented someone from mailing in a ballot and also going to the poll to vote.

but if it makes you happy I will amend what I said;

The only people committing voter fraud are the people that support and pass laws like this one and the .003% of other cases that happen from time to time. You are actually more likely to be struck by lightening than commit voter fraud.

The truth is that voter fraud rarely happens at a poll, and is usually related to mail in ballots and absentee ballots. So voter ID will have very little effect on preventing even the miniscule amount of voter fraud happening.

So why pass it? This graph shows why.

Posted Image

#20 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Republican Mike Turzai from Pennsylvania says it better than I can.

#21 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,730 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

He knows all that he just thinks if he ignores it it will go away or no longer be applicable. You are wasting your time, G5 is here solely to defend the indefensible.

#22 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

I'm not really a fan of passing laws that really don't mean much, that said......

Who the fug does not have any type of valid ID?

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,730 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Enough to justify passing an unneeded law.

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,957 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm not really a fan of passing laws that really don't mean much, that said......

Who the fug does not have any type of valid ID?

Judging by the reaction, tens of thousands of democrats. :)

Its an unneccesary law and it pisses me off that they would approve this, but not the money for the Panthers. But it will have no impact on elections.

#25 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,879 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

wouldn't it be hilarious if college students were successfully disenfranchised by the various anti-voter measures proposed by the NC GOP and then started to cast absentee ballots by the thousands. republicans might suddenly become deeply concerned about vote by mail fraud then.

#26 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Voter fraud never happens...

http://www.washingto...&utm_medium=RSS

#27 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,879 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Voter fraud never happens...

http://www.washingto...&utm_medium=RSS

if only they would have been carded at the polls, am i right?

i wish they would have been.  then we could say that voter ID doesn't stop voter fraud because that wouldn't have stopped dick if a person is on rolls in two different counties in the first place.  they could still vote twice.

having to show an ID card isn't going to stop bad record keeping.  why do republicans treat voter ID like it's some magic wand they can wave over US elections and make all fraud disappear forever?

#28 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,879 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

also the article cites that most of the fraud of this type occurs via absentee balloting.

The biggest risk of having nonresidents listed on the rolls is not the risk of people voting twice themselves, but of others appropriating their names by the hundreds, she said.

They are easy targets for those who would cast votes in other people’s names in bulk, often by absentee ballot, after scanning the list for names of people who hadn’t voted in years and would therefore not show up to hear that their vote already had been cast.

absentee ballot fraud is an actual problem and there are hundreds of documented cases of it every year.  fixing it wouldn't involve forcing college students to choose between food for the week or getting the address on their driver's license updated though so republicans don't care.

#29 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

adultwithoutphotoid_511.png

For the moment, let's say this chart is accurate:

Can someone please explain to me how ~20% of blacks, asians, and latinos do not have valid ID.

Can't get a new job w/o valid ID.

If you aren't working how are you receiving any type of gov't assistance w/o valid ID?

If you in the city, I could see not having a DL, but to not have any other form of acceptable ID?

How in the world did you ever register to vote w/o an ID?

#30 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

if only they would have been carded at the polls, am i right?

i wish they would have been.  then we could say that voter ID doesn't stop voter fraud because that wouldn't have stopped dick if a person is on rolls in two different counties in the first place.  they could still vote twice.

having to show an ID card isn't going to stop bad record keeping.  why do republicans treat voter ID like it's some magic wand they can wave over US elections and make all fraud disappear forever?

And what groups constantly fight voter roll purging and accountability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.