tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

2013 NFL Draft Individual Grades:

14. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah: A Grade

I think Sharrif Floyd would have been a better pick because A) he's a superior pass-rusher and B) he doesn't have any sort of health concerns. But this is still a great pick for the Panthers because they needed tons of help on the interior of their defensive line. Star Lotulelei would have gone in the top 10 if smarter teams were drafting there, so Carolina is reaping the benefits, much like other smarter teams will in the second half of the draft.

http://walterfootbal...ason2013car.php

Someone tell Walter that the Panthers have pass rushers.

What we needed was a run-stuffer. And we got the BPA in this draft to do just that. (And his bull pass-rushing ability is nothing to sneeze at.)

#47 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,689 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

people keep saying he was double and even triple teamed in college so he was limited as a pass rusher...that doesn't appear accurate. He appears to just be a work in progress as a pass rusher, sounds like a coaching not a talent issue. If he was occupying double teams on 3rd down Utah wouldn't of pulled him on 3rd down

They didn't pull him on 3rd downs. He was a 3 down tackle at Utah.

#48 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Carolina already averaged the most pressures per defensive snap last year. He doesn't make that pass rush better.

Wrong. Without a run-stuffer, your MLB has to constantly play up in the box.

Keeks is free to roam now. And that helps the safeties. And that helps the secondary.

It ain't always about the pass rush.

#49 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

My analysis is as follows:

"Matt Ryan, prepare your anus".

#50 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

My analysis is as follows:

"Matt Ryan, prepare your anus".

He's not a mean man. He just needs a hug.

Posted Image

After that, he might also squeeze him and call him George.

(or maybe eat him)

#51 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

We have a name for the O-line (the big uglies). How about a name for the D-line ( The Hog Mollies ?) We have Big MOney,
the Kraken. What do we call Star ?

#52 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,417 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Sucks that I have to wait until December to watch Drew Brees get bent in half and broken.

#53 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

As I understand it, "Hog Mollies" is Gettleman's term for big men on both sides of the line.

#54 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

hey bronn you hear colin cowherd compare tavon austin to percy harvin?

I did and Colin Cowherd is a moron

#55 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Yeah I noticed just how fast they turned in the card when it was their turn to pick. Only team I saw to turn in the card anywhere near that fast. Gettleman knew who he wanted and he wasn't even going to bother waiting around for a trade offer either.

I was fiendin' to hear what Gruden, Boomer and the rest of the crew was going to say about Carolina's needs. The guy got about 4 seconds into something he was going to say about Cam... and then instantly the commish walked up to the podium.

lol.

I am overall happy about the pick. We are going to have one of the better front 7 in the league, with a coach that loves a quick ball-hawking defense. With the exception of Thomas Davis(age-wise), our core defense is young and strong.

People have been Rivera flack for not instantly propelling us into the playoffs, but I think that they have been impatient. John Fox gutted this team, and look at us now, getting ready to be really good once again, and building for a championship.

Now we just need a DB, and help for the WR and OL positions, and we will be making some good progress.

#56 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Can someone explain this logic to me? Sure, he will help free up our linebackers. But he clearly is not a pass-rushing DT like Dwan. Not seeing how he drastically improves our pass d.

He will require two blockers to stop him, meaning that one of those two guys cant block one of our linebackers or put a double block on one of our edge rushers, allowing them to make more plays because they are only facing one-on-one blocks.

#57 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

He will require two blockers to stop him, meaning that one of those two guys cant block one of our linebackers or put a double block on one of our edge rushers, allowing them to make more plays because they are only facing one-on-one blocks.

He is also powerful enough to get a push up the middle and cause the pocket to collapse pushing the QB to the outside into the arms of Johnson or Hardy. Or at the least enough of a push to stop the QB from being able to step up in the pocket and away from from the DE's coming on the edges.

#58 GreatPoupon

GreatPoupon

pardon me

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I did and Colin Cowherd is a moron

of course he is, he disagrees with you.

#59 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Pat Y
http://espn.go.com/b...plug-the-middle

#60 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,562 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

of course he is, he disagrees with you.

To be fair, Colin has gotten in trouble for his mouth. I disagree with everything he says. He's no different than Rob Parker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com