Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Media reaction to Star Lotulelei

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#85 GreatPoupon

GreatPoupon

pardon me

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

yeah, i mean watching the bucky brooks vid all he says is "dey de same size yo" so yeah you're probably right.

#86 GreatPoupon

GreatPoupon

pardon me

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

different skillset: faster LOL!!!

#87 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

this defense is gonna be fugin fun as hell to watch.

That moment in the first game when our secondary gets burnt, then again, then again. Why run when you can throw for days?

#88 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

That moment in the first game when our secondary gets burnt, then again, then again. Why run when you can throw for days?

We mostly ran zone last year with our secondary, if you have a secondary that understands zone responsibilities you can compensate for lack of elite talent especially with a dominant d line. That secondary never got burned by new orleans or atlanta last year. Nakamura did.

#89 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

we ended the year with the 10th ranked defense (or something like that) with a DB squad that's better now (even if only marginally so) than it was back then, and we still have several rounds of the draft left to play with as well as a couple million in cap space.

I get your concern but it's not over yet, not by a long shot.

#90 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

From what I've heard, they didn't. More than one commentary on the pick I've heard has been something to the effect of "he played a very high number of snaps (indicating Utah didn't pull him out often) which led to fatigue which would explain why some perceive a possible motor issue."

The few games I watched on youtube (all snaps footage of defense, not highlights), he was usually in on 3rd down. Even 3rd and long.

In the presser for the Short pick they mentioned Star and put a specific number on his snaps: 92% of Utah's defensive snaps. So yea, they didn't pull him much.