• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

Alright so I'm sure many of you are aware that just about every mock draft in the country had us taking this kid out of Mizzou at 14, after both Star and Floyd went. Instead this guy goes ONE pick ahead of us at 13.

Like many of you I felt mocking the Panthers to take Richardson was the lazy way out. Panthers need a DT and he's the best one available at that pick so you take him - sort of makes sense for a regularly underachieving team.

Instead most of us are thinking he's a huge downgrade from Floyd or Star but he's taken a pick before us.

Do you think the Jets knew we wanted him because he was actually the best DT in the draft, because we wanted him, or because the Jets are organizationally defunct and it was a dumb pick?

And yes they are defunct. They have an incredibly long history in the NFL and outside of Joe Namath and his one lucky superbowl they have literally nothing to brag about. No other superbowls and certainly no other household historical names.

#2 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

The Jets were retarded once again. Don't know what they were thinking, but if they were trying to pull a fast one on us, it was a pretty damn poor attempt.

#3 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,310 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

All I know is, I was thrilled for Gettleman to have his pick for Star or Floyd. Richardson just didn't appeal to me.

#4 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,588 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Do you think the Jets knew we wanted him because he was actually the best DT in the draft, because we wanted him, or because the Jets are organizationally defunct and it was a dumb pick?

And yes they are defunct. They have an incredibly long history in the NFL and outside of Joe Namath and his one lucky superbowl they have literally nothing to brag about. No other superbowls and certainly no other household historical names.

you answered your own question

for further elaboration...

#5 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

Richardson is known combo of size athleticism. Someone may want that. For most fans it was about fit. Star was the best fit.

#6 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

He's not named Star so fug him

#7 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Jets need offensive help

Grab Richardson lol

#8 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,588 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

seriously guys we were so lucky to have both the raiders and jets selecting before us

#9 Zuck Fod

Zuck Fod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

Yeah it was awesome, I saw, I heard, I cried in joy.

#10 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

I think the Jets are organizationally defunct and it was a dumb pick. Potentially the two best players on their defense are Muhammad Wilkerson and Quinton Coples, both 3-4 DEs. Where is Sheldon Richardson going to play for them? 3-4 DE. Literally three straight first round picks on 3-4 DE. I know a lot of their targets were somewhat suprisingly gone before they had any chance, but they have to be better prepared than that. Regardless of whether they play a 3-4 or 4-3, who's supposed to be the outside rush guy?

#11 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

We got the guy I wanted. Back mid-season when it looked like we were destined for a top 5 pick, I wanted Star. In a way, I was a little butthurt when we went on a winning spurt at the end of the season once we were out of contention because I thought it was taking us out of the running to land him. To enjoy winning some games and still get the guy I wanted all along at #14 is fuging awesome!

#12 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,743 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

There are some shots from this year that could be added to that montage :lol:

#13 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

LOL

ouch

#14 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,588 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

literally every jets fan I know grimaced when I brought up the question of who they wanted in the draft in the days leading up

it's not something they look forward to at all

#15 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,743 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

It's telling that many of the picks in that clip were announced by Pete Rozelle. That tells you just how long this has been going on.

I was watching the year they picked Kyle Brady (does anyone actually remember him?) over Warren Sapp. Wish there were a longer clip of that online. Some of the reactions were priceless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.