#1 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,262 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Any chance Cyprien falls 10+ picks into the second and we have the opportunity to select him?

Would you give up a third next year and the 44 to get in position to take him if moving up looks necessary?

Star + Cyprien + CJ + Hardy + Luke + Beason + Davis = Winning.

#2 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,447 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

I'd give up next years third. Eagles need a safety. They might take him.

#3 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,130 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

as Gettleman said only 5 picks this year and only 6 picks next year.

so sit tight, we only have to sweat 11 picks. theres the QBs still sitting there, no RBs have been taken, very few LBers off the board in the 1st, some highly regarded DTs still there... so plenty of players that we don't even need will come off the board.

we may or may not land Cyprien but you're looking at hunter, allen, cyprien, warford, ertz... there will be some very good high value players left at positions we need, no reason to throw away a 3rd here

#4 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,130 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

I'd give up next years third. Eagles need a safety. They might take him.

Eagles in free agency signed Kenny Phillips, a starting safety from the Giants, and Patrick Chung, a starting safety from the Patriots. They could look for a guy for the long term, or just as a pure value pick, but they definitely have more pressing needs.

#5 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,262 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

as Gettleman said only 5 picks this year and only 6 picks next year.

so sit tight, we only have to sweat 11 picks. theres the QBs still sitting there, no RBs have been taken, very few LBers off the board in the 1st, some highly regarded DTs still there... so plenty of players that we don't even need will come off the board.

we may or may not land Cyprien but you're looking at hunter, allen, cyprien, warford, ertz... there will be some very good high value players left at positions we need, no reason to throw away a 3rd here

Thanks for talking some sense into me. I've just wanted Cyprien ever since it was determined that Star was a pipe dream and the both of them would be my dream draft assuming we get the best WR or offensive linemen available in the 4th.

I think it might be possible but not holding my breath. I would be very happy with Hunter, Warford, Ertz, or Cyprien. All of them would make huge impacts week 1.

#6 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,262 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

I get a feeling that Barkley, Nassib, and Geno will go flying off the board pretty early in round 2. This would bode well for our chances.

#7 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,262 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

I think the biggest threat to take Cyprien right now would be the Cardinals after losing Adrian WIlson.

#8 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

Id cried if Cyprien is there at 44, but I cant see him getting pass Detroit or especially Cincy.

#9 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,262 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Id cried if Cyprien is there at 44, but I cant see him getting pass Detroit or especially Cincy.

I see Detroit going with a corner and Cincy with Lacy.

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

I see Detroit going with a corner and Cincy with Lacy.

Lets hope thats the case.
I would go crazy nuts happy if we landed Cyprien.
Would be one of the best draft in years if we landed Star and Cyprien, two immediate impact players and future pro bowlers. I wouldnt care less to what we do after the 2nd.

#11 Alt J

Alt J

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

I would truly be in awe if we landed Cyprien.

It would really make me never follow the draft as intently ever again until the day of, because if anyone said we would get Star and Cyprien over these last few weeks, they would be mocked.

The draft is a crazy process, and this year has been one for the books. We haven't started the second round either.

#12 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,262 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

I think with Cyprien we make a big push to win the division this year by holding the Falcons and Saints to reasonable point totals in our match-ups with them.

Our offense should be able to abuse those defenses they have in ATL and NO if we can get back to a pro-style offense under Shula.

I honestly wouldn't even be disappointed if we snagged Cyprien then traded up to take the best WR or TE available...like Escobar, Dobson, Allen, etc.

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

I think with Cyprien we make a big push to win the division this year by holding the Falcons and Saints to reasonable point totals in our match-ups with them.

Our offense should be able to abuse those defenses they have in ATL and NO if we can get back to a pro-style offense under Shula.

I honestly wouldn't even be disappointed if we snagged Cyprien then traded up to take the best WR or TE available...like Escobar, Dobson, Allen, etc.

Star + Cyprien = last pieces for Panthers to make the Playoffs

#14 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Posted Image

I would literally jizz my pants if Cyprien is our pick at #44.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Cincy, Arizona, Jets, and Oakland could all go with a Safety. I forgot that Detroit added Quinn, so cross them out.
Lets hope that Arizona go with a QB, Jets with WR, and Oakland with DT. Cincy is the team with the most interest in Cyprien. Mike Zimmer held a private workout with Cyprien before the draft. But lets cross our fingers Cincy takes the best RB available in Lacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com