Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL Draft Round 2: Panthers select Kawann Short

151 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

CBs are overrated

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1367028116' post='2211125']
DWill, Stew, Tolbert, Cam, Smitty, LaFell, Hixon, Ginn, Olsen.....the offense has plenty of weapons.

If the OLine stays healthy we will be a very good team.
[/quote]

Plus, this actually [i]does[/i] help Newton. Puts less pressure on him to have to consistently score. I think this might be his most relaxed year as far as responsibility (if you know what I mean). Rookie year, defense was just horrific. Second year, our offense was just asking him to do everything which wasn't reasonable for someone still young. Now hopefully with a much improved or at least more consistent defense and hopefully an OC that balances it out more, Newton will be able to just be him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mage' timestamp='1367029930' post='2211251']

Plus, this actually [i]does[/i] help Newton. Puts lets pressure on him to have to consistently score. I think this might be his most relaxed year as far as responsibility (if you know what I mean). Rookie year, defense was just horrific. Second year, our offense was just asking him to do everything which wasn't reasonable for someone still young. Now hopefully with a much improved or at least more consistent defense and hopefully an OC that balances it out more, Newton will be able to just be him.
[/quote]

Yep.

Weak defense forces Cam to win shoot outs.

Posted · Report post

Finally it will be like Peppers-Buckner-Jenkins-Rucker again!

Posted · Report post

why does this board seem to hate the thought of drafting DTs?

Posted · Report post

Am I the only person who thinks Short will be better next season than Star? His job(shooting gaps) will be much easier than Star(eating two blockers) or am I making this to simple.

Posted · Report post

Told you guys we wouldnt pass up Short!

Hell yea. our inside DL is set!

Look for Duke Williams in the 4th.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mister Love' timestamp='1367030476' post='2211300']
why does this board seem to hate the thought of drafting DTs?
[/quote]

Sure as hell didn't hate it yesterday.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='FirstRoundPick' timestamp='1367028952' post='2211184']
I like the pick but you are one of the dumbest ass posters here. Because all you do is ass kiss and spin. This is a poorly run franchise but according to you they haven't ever done [u]anything [/u]wrong. Sorry but Giants DB's aren't pedestrian, but they do get injured a lot. And the Giants definitely, use high picks on there DBs, so even if you do consider them pedestrian, they don't say "its ok we can have pedestrain DB's back there". So stop acting like we can get by with pedestrian corners it just stupid spin. I don't have a problem with the pick, but I do have a problem with your spin

High DB picks since the Eli era
1) #43 Cory Webster
2)#20 Aaron Ross
3)#31 Kenny Phillips
4)#63 Terrell Thomas
5)#76 Chad Jones
6)#19 Prince Amukamara
7)#94 Jayron Hosley

In the same time frame we drafted Gamble, Marshall, Godfrey, and Martin high. With Webster, Ross, Phillips, Thomas they hit better than us, and kept drafting.

Giants value QB, DL, CB, and WR in the early rounds. Once again, I'm fine with the pick but change your spin for goodness sake the Giants dont just say we will get by with pedestrians back there or they wouldn't draft them so high. .
[/quote]
That's swell but out of all of the players you listed, Ross and Webster were the only ones who played in their first Super Bowl victory. And Webster was hurt for most of the season.

Posted · Report post

I love this pick!!! If you visited the draft board you'd notice I talked about Short all the time and said he was a great value pick. He produced year after year. Let him learn behind Edwards for a year and learn the game. The Nfc south just got put on notice.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dash Global' timestamp='1367030793' post='2211322']
Told you guys we wouldnt pass up Short!

Hell yea. our inside DL is set!

Look for Duke Williams in the 4th.
[/quote]
Both would be picks from my mock and I would be estatic

Posted · Report post

Popped a Hog Mollie, I'm sweatin'!