• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#136 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,640 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

if short was going to be the only DT we added this year, i wasn't going to be happy because my biggest issue for the DL is having someone who could stuff the run and eat up double teams consistently. i just didn't see that in him. i do see that in star and it's there in spades. short will be the guy to replace dwan as the starter.

supposedly the problems with his motor and him going hit or cold, that he and his coaches admitted to, was due to his weight combined with the amount of snaps someone of his weight was asked to play. tbh, that still bothers me some. will he be able to keep that weight off? was the weight and snap count really the issue? i dunno...but I'm willing to give him the benefit if the doubt. having him as just a part of what is looking to be one of the nastiest DT rotations in the league makes that easier. looking at what that adds to our very scary DL makes me happy happy happy.

then think of what this does to the front 7......unbelievable. the impact that our front 7 is going to have will control games.

sure, we still have holes in other areas, but this will help keep us from giving away games late. this front 7 will make the secondary better by quite a lot.

this isn't the direction i would have taken in the second, but i don't hate it. i love it. i still have questions how we are going to address WR, RG,RT, and FS, but if you are going to overload one spot with talent, this wouldn't be a bad one because passing league or running league, against pass first or run first teams, the interior of the DL is crucial to your defenses success. i think, esp. is hardy gets to stay, that we have a DL that is going to be one of the most dominant in the league for years.

#137 kmgreensman

kmgreensman

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Finally it will be like Peppers-Buckner-Jenkins-Rucker again!

Jenkins was picked in the 2001 draft at ......2nd Round Pick 44... Same pick as KK Short...Not saying Short is Jenkins, but just kind of cool to see after this post.. I really like what they did here.. How long have we been weak up the middle?? SInce we lost Jenkins?? I remember when we had THE BEST Defensive Line in Football! We are getting back to there... Short and Star will start from Day one! What a strong middle now!!!

#138 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Cam has to be a little pissed off, they have done very little to help him.

Ginn and Hixon say Hi

#139 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

What is wrong with his eye? He should try and get that fixed now that he's a millionaire.

#140 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Something I came across, didnt want to make new thread dont know if already posted.

Kawann Short video after he was picked.

http://purdue.rivals...asp?CID=1500103

#141 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

so glad we got this guy. he was my must have player in the 2nd.

#142 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

I think that Kawann is just as good as Floyd to tell yall the truth.

#143 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

Been saying he was better the whole time....Gettleman said that he was the best interior pass rusher in the draft, I thought so as well. Annnnnnd he plays the run much better than Shariff. MockedShortat44inbothmymocksjustsayin.

#144 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

Been saying he was better the whole time....Gettleman said that he was the best interior pass rusher in the draft, I thought so as well. Annnnnnd he plays the run much better than Shariff. MockedShortat44inbothmymocksjustsayin.

I can agree. I like him a lot early on then had a change of heart on him.
But to get him where we got him and to grab him with Star, I love the pick so much. Without Star, the pick wouldnt have been as sexy as it is.

TB kinds busted with their 2011 picks of McCoy (boom) and Price (bust). We wont!

Star + Short >>>>>>>>> McCoy + Price

#145 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

he is better than floyd.

had 3 times the sacks and TFL playing 90% of the snaps while being the focus of the OL.

#146 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

The #Panthers have signed second-round draft pick Kawann Short: http://pnth.rs/ZdsKIo

Carolina Panthers@Panthers33s

Here's Kawann signing his contract! RT to welcome @kk_mr93 to the #Panthers family! #KeepPounding pic.twitter.com/b1gIQ6gIoI

#147 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

The more I think about it the more I love the pick. The best and fastest way to get this defense into an elite category was to take Star and Short and make our defensive line so overwhelming for offenses that it will mask the average players in the secondary.

I'd rather us do that than pick a rookie CB or Safety who has growing pains.

#148 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,640 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Panthers

Short ranks 3rd in Purdue history for most tackles for loss (49) & sacks (19.5) by a DT - also blocked a record 8 kicks, including 6 FGs.

!!!!!!!!!!!!! yowza!

#149 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Ginn and Hixon say Hi

Colin and Eli will surely miss them. but glad Short is signed up.

#150 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!! yowza!

http://www.carolinah...nn-short/page-2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NFL Draft, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com