Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Defense is back in Carolina! Good pick!

#47 killacam

killacam

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

This tells me a whole lot about what Gettleman thinks about our current DTs. Probably why he almost let Dwan walk.

#48 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,458 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Cam has a revolving door at RG.

Byron Bell has not shown that he's consistent.

Tampa bay can easily shut out all of our WR's.

The defensive backfield is filled with scrubs.

This was a bad pick.

#49 GolfRasta

GolfRasta

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationPinehurst

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

I like the pick. I trust Gettleman. I thought we were going with Warmack or the OTfrom ARK Pine Bluff, but Our front 7 is officially beastly.

This has got to mean no more Fua...right? Can't take 5 DTs into the season

#50 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,903 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

not even the BDTA

after all the praise yesterday in the pressy about the rotation we had at DT near the end of the year, how that became one of our stengths

meanwhile our secondary is Godfrey, Naka, Florence, Munny, Norman, etc right now

#51 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

And with one pick you clowns went from swinging on gettlemens nuts to wanting to cut them off.

We turned our biggest weakness into a strength.

Do you people really think we would fill all these holes in 1 draft???

#52 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

What scares me most is that we haven't responded to the developing events to the draft. We decided what we wanted and completely ignored the reality changing around us. Short was clearly the choice before the draft even started, and nothing changed that. That's worrisome with the level of great talent at immediate news. What's more scary is Gettleman's confidence in our corners. The giddy with which he spoke about aging, average Drayton Florence now seems a lit scarier in hindsight.. You can throw out tired cliches about not needing talented players in your secondary because of your dline, but unfortunately, those cliches don't win football games. Talented players do, and the Panthers have the worst secondary in the league by a very, very, big mile.

Gettleman came out and made a point that we wouldn't be trading back into today's round. Not only is that worrisome how definitively he said that... It really, really speaks to the fact that he has no interest in playing for this season. When you make a stubborn decision to stick closely to your board and not respond to the changing events in the draft, you are forced to make such decisions with more thought.

No poo.

If Rivera was my coach I'd give up too.

#53 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,925 posts

I love the pick. There is still free agency to address S and RG.

#54 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Here's another bonus: now Hardy won't have to play inside and get beat-up playing DT on passing downs.

Now he can play every down at his natural position.

A three tackle rotation is essential and this move tremendously helps out both Alexander and Hardy. Fresh and consistent pressure.

A top d-line and a QB are the two biggest keys to a championship

#55 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

On Paper we are nasty d-line right now

#56 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I like this pick. We should have solved our problems at DT for a long time with this draft. We could still use some players in the secondary and some OL help and another WR but we only have so many draft picks. If our front seven is as good on the field as it looks on paper right now then our defense just became a top ten unit.

#57 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

CJ, Kraken, Alexander, Star, Short, Dwan; seems like we are trying to copy the Giants... go figure.

The Carolina Charger Giants, lol

Chargers big play ability on offense mixed with Giants big play ability on defense.... There have been far worse things to happen to this franchise and maybe nothing better.

#58 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

I can't wait till the season start!!!!

Hey what number will Short wear????? Lol

#59 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

What scares me most is that we haven't responded to the developing events to the draft. We decided what we wanted and completely ignored the reality changing around us. Short was clearly the choice before the draft even started, and nothing changed that. That's worrisome with the level of great talent at immediate news. What's more scary is Gettleman's confidence in our corners. The giddy with which he spoke about aging, average Drayton Florence now seems a lit scarier in hindsight.. You can throw out tired cliches about not needing talented players in your secondary because of your dline, but unfortunately, those cliches don't win football games. Talented players do, and the Panthers have the worst secondary in the league by a very, very, big mile.

Gettleman came out and made a point that we wouldn't be trading back into today's round. Not only is that worrisome how definitively he said that... It really, really speaks to the fact that he has no interest in playing for this season. When you make a stubborn decision to stick closely to your board and not respond to the changing events in the draft, you are forced to make such decisions with more thought.

You're looking in to this pick way too much. Kawan Short is a pick for the future, not necessarily for the present. We just solidified our d-line, something we havn't been able to say in a while. Be happy.

#60 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

I could play safety with this Dline

This!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NFL Draft, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com