Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

your reaction to the kawann short pick

68 posts in this topic

Posted

Gettleman is thinking this year, the next, the next and the next. The draft should reflect the team's plan, not a reaction to what happened in the immediate past.

Strategy and tactics are not the same thing. Gettleman was hired to be a strategist and he is doing one hell of a job.

Our D-line has the potential to become famous as a group.

2 people like this

Posted

I was surprised, but very happy because I have been high on Short for awhile. When the team resigned Dwan Edwards and drafted Star, I figured that they were done. The pick makes a lot of sense as Edwards is here for only two seasons, maybe just one, and now the team has a defensive line with insane potential. I expect to see that aggression Rivera promised when he was first hired, and the personal so far makes it look more and more like it's finally coming.

I'm expecting a RG in the 4th, a player in the 5th that isn't a position of need and was expected to go higher (lol LB or RB), and either a DB or WR in the 6th.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ima take Gettlemans opinions over yours my man. In time, you will rejoice with me and many other over how great this front 7 is.

I love the new front seven. Just feel cam is being neglected

Posted

What was there for Cam in the 2nd? Larry Warford was the only draftable offensive lineman at 44. The rest were boom or bust projects. All the wide receivers had questions about them. It was considered a weak skill position draft. We got the guy on the top line of our board. We should be happy.

2 people like this

Posted

Hopefully Da'Rick Rodgers will be around in the 4th.

Posted

I couldn't be happier. So many more positions on defense just improved because of our first 2 picks. CB and S now both improved. And the even scarier thought is our LBs and DEs just improved too.

Posted

my reaction

WHITEHOUSEBEER.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

25akheu.gif

My reaction then, and my reaction still.  Plus, I just like this .gif and wanted to use it.

Posted

I was surprised, but very happy because I have been high on Short for awhile. When the team resigned Dwan Edwards and drafted Star, I figured that they were done. The pick makes a lot of sense as Edwards is here for only two seasons, maybe just one, and now the team has a defensive line with insane potential. I expect to see that aggression Rivera promised when he was first hired, and the personal so far makes it look more and more like it's finally coming.

I'm expecting a RG in the 4th, a player in the 5th that isn't a position of need and was expected to go higher (lol LB or RB), and either a DB or WR in the 6th.

Dude, you pretty much nailed it.

Posted

Initially i was dissapointed, because we already addressed DT in the forst round, but came to realise that we will now have a dominant D-line for years to come.

Posted

My reaction was we FINALLY have a GM that has the stones to say he'll take the BPA, and then REALLY take the BPA. Prefer my GM's to be looking out the windshield to where we're going, not looking in the rear view mirror at where we were.

Posted

My reaction was we FINALLY have a GM that has the stones to say he'll take the BPA, and then REALLY take the BPA. Prefer my GM's to be looking out the windshield to where we're going, not looking in the rear view mirror at where we were.

I'd love to get a close-up of that avatar. Just saying.