Photo
- - - - -

your reaction to the kawann short pick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#61 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Depressed. This looks like a Hurney draft, stock all in your picks in certain positions, and ignore need.

Ignore need?! Have you seen our DLine the past 4-5 years??

#62 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

lol everybody wants our squad to be the giants. They luck up to their superbowls and every other time they are writing around just to miss the playoffs like a bunch of jokes. How bout we build a team like the steelers or patriots. That is ALWAYS making the dance.

On topic, thought it sucked at first but like it now. Still we need serious help at safety.

#63 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

lol everybody wants our squad to be the giants. They luck up to their superbowls and every other time they are writing around just to miss the playoffs like a bunch of jokes. How bout we build a team like the steelers or patriots. That is ALWAYS making the dance.

On topic, thought it sucked at first but like it now. Still we need serious help at safety.

That has to be the best "joke" of all time.  A joke that I would love to be able to tell everyone everywhere for the rest of my life.

Here let me practice:

Q: What do the New York Giants and The Carolina Panthers have in common?

A: 2 Superbowls!

Get It?!! Man that never gets old!!!!!!

#64 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

At first i was like..

7tCbaxS.gif

Then I thought about it and realized..

1Rs8mv6.gif

How fuging scary our line will be

3V7MEGN.gif

#65 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

I was surprised, but very happy because I have been high on Short for awhile. When the team resigned Dwan Edwards and drafted Star, I figured that they were done. The pick makes a lot of sense as Edwards is here for only two seasons, maybe just one, and now the team has a defensive line with insane potential. I expect to see that aggression Rivera promised when he was first hired, and the personal so far makes it look more and more like it's finally coming.

I'm expecting a RG in the 4th, a player in the 5th that isn't a position of need and was expected to go higher (lol LB or RB), and either a DB or WR in the 6th.

I'm allowed to necro a thread once to pat myself on the back, right?

Barry%20Horowitz.jpg?1299272916

#66 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

That has to be the best "joke" of all time.  A joke that I would love to be able to tell everyone everywhere for the rest of my life.

Here let me practice:

Q: What do the New York Giants and The Carolina Panthers have in common?

A: 2 Superbowls!

Get It?!! Man that never gets old!!!!!!

Especially considering the Giants have four not two.

#67 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Especially considering the Giants have four not two.

The other two superbowls would never be considered "luck".  But yeah 4 superbowls total.

#68 MHS831

MHS831

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Great question.   I think everyone saw DT as one need--we had 2 or more.  If DTs were children, Hurney would be charged with neglect. 

I think we all think the draft is to fill immediate needs, and Gettlemen (correctly) does not. 1 year free agent contracts fill immediate needs.  However, Dwan and Kawann is a nice rotation at the 3.  Star has nothing to do with that because he will be at  NT.

It is really 2 positions. 

Marty used to act as if he were a genius when 3 or 4 drafted rookies started.  That is a bad thing.  Players need a learning curve.