Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody didn't get the memo

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Given our history, if I were in another team's War Room, I'd call us with an offer like that too.

We've taken that sort of deal before, and more than once :(

1 person likes this

Posted

I just saw the press conference with him saying it and was about to make a new thread. It was the most beautiful quote a Panthers fan could ever hear.

"I had a team call me up this year. They wanted to know if I wanted their second round pick for next year's first. I didn't speak to him, I would've told the guy 'you have brain damage.' It's not happening."

3 people like this

Posted

Not saying he should have done it. He should have!!!! But if I where him I would be careful how he talks to these other GMs, it maybe hard later on when he wants a trading partner.

Posted

I believe I'd rather have Alexander with a year's experience than anyone in the 3rd this year. Sometimes it's good to pay tomorrow for a hamburger today.

Posted

Makes me wonder if we had a bit of a rep.

"Call the Panthers. They'll trade anything" :(

the evidence is really piling up isn't it

Posted

Someone telll Jim Harbaugh he has enough picks

Posted

I just saw the press conference with him saying it and was about to make a new thread. It was the most beautiful quote a Panthers fan could ever hear.

"I had a team call me up this year. They wanted to know if I wanted their second round pick for next year's first. I didn't speak to him, I would've told the guy 'you have brain damage.' It's not happening."

hahaha I LOVE that Gettle's response to trading future picks is "you must have brain damage."

1 person likes this

Posted

Ouch :(

Posted

Gettleman laying the hammer down. I love it.

Posted

the evidence is really piling up isn't it

Don't tell Doc Holiday

Posted

I just experienced the exact same thing.

Posted

Not saying he should have done it. He should have!!!! But if I where him I would be careful how he talks to these other GMs, it maybe hard later on when he wants a trading partner.

WE DON'T NEED NO TRADING PARTNER, WE GOT THE GETTLEMAN!!!

No seriously, we don't need a trade partner, ever again.

The journey has begun.