• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sod

Sod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

While the rest of our division is loading up the back end of their defense Gettleman is building the defensive line to kick the other QB's asses. He has said it multiple times now, 'It's hard to throw the ball while lying on your back.'

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

All hail sod

#3 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

While the rest of our division is loading up the back end of their defense Gettleman is building the defensive line to kick the other QB's asses. He has said it multiple times now, 'It's hard to throw the ball while lying on your back.'

You must have missed the part where TB drafted 1/2 DTs in 2010 and now they have the best CB and a great S to go with em.

Then in 2011 went 1/2 with DE....

They have only Freeman to replace to be scary good.(but no not with Glenon rofl wtf was that pick)

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

I can't wait till the season starts!

#5 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

While this is a good philosophy, lets not dismiss CBs so much to say DB's aren't relevant. The good defenses had good pass rushers and good corners.

#6 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,918 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

idk why we even have a secondary

we should just line up in a FG blocking formation

#7 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

While this is a good philosophy, lets not dismiss CBs so much to say DB's aren't relevant. The good defenses had good pass rushers and good corners.

Our DB's played pretty well late last season. I think Gettleman believes they are good enough with a nasty DL.

We can't fix everything in one draft.

Let the young DB's mature...then get Smitty's replacement and DB's (if needed) next year.

Give it a little time

#8 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

I was watching the Gettleman presser (here) when I noticed @ 15:36 he mentions that another team called about our 2nd offering us next years 1st and He turns this offer down flatly.

If the feeling from Gettleman was that Ron was one foot out the door, why wouldn't he do this deal? If you were shopping the Panthers to a potential new HC, having 2 first round picks would be a unique, yet powerful, sweetener to that deal. A smart GM like Dave with that feeling would hedge his bets and stockpile the pick..

But he doesn't do that, he's all in. As a matter of fact, it;s a joke to him that they would even offer this because of our need for talent in this years draft.

Not next year.. This year..

Management is completely behind Ron and believes in the talent on this team (even at DB to the dismay of many). If Ron fails, it won't be for lack of resources or support. I take this to be an encouraging sign, even if it's just the rum talking..

#9 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Even tho we feel like we are in win now mode, we all have to remember this is Gettleman's rookie season. He's trying to lay down the foundation for a successful career with the Panthers. Not just first year.

#10 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

We had a pass D in top half of the league last year...improve your rush and it improves your corners.

#11 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,343 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

I was watching the Gettleman presser (here) when I noticed @ 15:36 he mentions that another team called about our 2nd offering us next years 1st and He turns this offer down flatly.

If the feeling from Gettleman was that Ron was one foot out the door, why wouldn't he do this deal? If you were shopping the Panthers to a potential new HC, having 2 first round picks would be a unique, yet powerful, sweetener to that deal. A smart GM like Dave with that feeling would hedge his bets and stockpile the pick..

But he doesn't do that, he's all in. As a matter of fact, it;s a joke to him that they would even offer this because of our need for talent in this years draft.

Management is completely behind Ron and believes in the talent on this team (even at DB to the dismay of many). If Ron fails, it won't be for lack of resources or support. I take this to be an encouraging sign, even if it's just the rum talking..

watch it again, I heard it the opposite way.

the team was going to give us their 2nd rounder for our 1st next year

yeah, no thanks. sorry random team calling trying to rip us off but Hurney isn't here anymore

#12 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

watch it again, I heard it the opposite way.

the team was going to give us their 2nd rounder for our 1st next year

yeah, no thanks. sorry random team calling trying to rip us off but Hurney isn't here anymore

Ahh, it was the rum indeed..

#13 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,187 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

You misheard Gettleman. He said "some team called asked if we wanted their 2nd for next years first"

#14 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yeah that team thought Hurney was still GM.

#15 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

I am all but certain our 4th will be used on the O-Line due to this same line of thinking. I am fine with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com