Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does BPA make sense in the later rounds?

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What does everyone think. In the first and second it makes sense because there are talented guys who will likely be starters. I see the later round (four plus) to be more about filling depth and finding guys that can contribute to the team.

If Gettleman continues with the BPA philosophy the two players I could see use taking in the fourth would be Patton (I would like this) or Jesse Williams. I think if we take three DTs with our first three picks the huddle will literally explode.

Posted · Report post

Absolutely. Arguably it comes into play moreso than the earlier rounds. You're not going to instantly fill a need position with a fifth round pick.

Posted · Report post

GMs would tell ya that by the time you get to the late rounds, you're just looking at names on your draft board.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1367033991' post='2211540']
GMs would tell ya that by the time you get to the late rounds, you're just looking at names on your draft board.
[/quote]

Something tells me Gettleman doesn't think that way. Being a film junky and all.

Posted · Report post

I think you look for upside. Maybe you favor a guy you scouted heavily for the first three rounds and he slipped. Also you have to think about filling reserve positions with cheap labor. The best part of late round picks is their very low salary.

Posted · Report post

Well hell then Jesse Williams on the 4th jk