Photo
- - - - -

Does BPA make sense in the later rounds?

NFL Draft

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

What does everyone think. In the first and second it makes sense because there are talented guys who will likely be starters. I see the later round (four plus) to be more about filling depth and finding guys that can contribute to the team.

If Gettleman continues with the BPA philosophy the two players I could see use taking in the fourth would be Patton (I would like this) or Jesse Williams. I think if we take three DTs with our first three picks the huddle will literally explode.

#2 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Absolutely. Arguably it comes into play moreso than the earlier rounds. You're not going to instantly fill a need position with a fifth round pick.

#3 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

GMs would tell ya that by the time you get to the late rounds, you're just looking at names on your draft board.

#4 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,155 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

GMs would tell ya that by the time you get to the late rounds, you're just looking at names on your draft board.

Something tells me Gettleman doesn't think that way. Being a film junky and all.

#5 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,463 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

I think you look for upside. Maybe you favor a guy you scouted heavily for the first three rounds and he slipped. Also you have to think about filling reserve positions with cheap labor. The best part of late round picks is their very low salary.

#6 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Well hell then Jesse Williams on the 4th jk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NFL Draft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.