Photo
- - - - -

Jordan Offering Jackson A Front Office Position?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNorth Carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Not going to happen.

The bobcats are too awful for PJ. He would have to be an executive on a team like the Knicks/Heat/Lakers/Clippers/OKC

He isn't going anywhere that would require a few years of work.

Marc Stein on ESPN this morning said "PJ", if he wants what he says he wants, is most likely going to take a job like Toronto or Charlotte because the successful teams already have front offices with track records that won't be uprooted for "PJ."  

I think Cha has a better chance than most "rebuilding" teams because of Jordan's relationship with Phil Jackson.  Cleveland's owner may be too imposing for Phil and Canada may be too cold for Phil (reportedly didn't want to take a job where its cold).  

#12 MrBubba

MrBubba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Don't see it happening, even if Jackson was willing, and lets be honest he spends most of his time in Idaho or Montana not in LA these days.  Regardless I don't see Jordan giving up control of operations.  Jackson has let it be known he is interested in a Riley type job that he goes in late and leaves early and just makes the final decisions.  But that is what Jordan wants and does now also, don't see an alpha dog like Jordan turning over the decision on who to draft,sign,release to someone else even Jackson.. 

#13 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• LocationNorth Carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Don't see it happening, even if Jackson was willing, and lets be honest he spends most of his time in Idaho or Montana not in LA these days.  Regardless I don't see Jordan giving up control of operations.  Jackson has let it be known he is interested in a Riley type job that he goes in late and leaves early and just makes the final decisions.  But that is what Jordan wants and does now also, don't see an alpha dog like Jordan turning over the decision on who to draft,sign,release to someone else even Jackson.. 

http://basketball.re...ors-Opportunity

"Jackson would prefer an advisory role similar to Jerry West's current position with the Golden State Warriors rather than a more active role similar to Pat Riley with the Miami Heat."

Though this article said Charlotte may not be in play, it does say that Jackson wants an advisory role NOT a Riley role, like Jerry West at Golden St.

#14 Manos

Manos

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Just a thought(no chance this happens but it's an interesting thought) if we could bring Pj into the front office then use him to bring in a big name coach and then offer Dwight Howard a max contract(outside the lakers we can give him the most money I believe) would you want Dwight as the centerpiece of the team? And to a lesser extent same question could apply to Bynum.

#15 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Glad he isnt looking for full control, because I'm actually happy with the front office right now.  If Phil wants to come in and take an advisory role, great, otherwise I'm fine leaving Cho in charge

#16 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• LocationMatthews, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Just a thought(no chance this happens but it's an interesting thought) if we could bring Pj into the front office then use him to bring in a big name coach and then offer Dwight Howard a max contract(outside the lakers we can give him the most money I believe) would you want Dwight as the centerpiece of the team? And to a lesser extent same question could apply to Bynum.

No to both.  Bynum's injury history and odd attitude are a turn off, and I'm usually one to give players a chance.  Almost the same reasons for Howard, although he's been more durable this year and has mainly been quiet, I'd still be weary. 

#17 Manos

Manos

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

No to both. Bynum's injury history and odd attitude are a turn off, and I'm usually one to give players a chance. Almost the same reasons for Howard, although he's been more durable this year and has mainly been quiet, I'd still be weary.

Id be ok with Howard, Bynum only if you could protect yourself in the contract wise. Talent wise they'd be the best bigman we've ever had.

#18 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• LocationMatthews, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Right, but then again, when Okafor was your best bigman it isn't going to be hard to beat that lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users