Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KillerKat

nfl draft Carolina Panthers select G Edmund Kugbila

242 posts in this topic

We finally agree

I am not impressed

He was projected as a 7th rounder to FA by some while Walter didn't even have him making the top 20 G prospects. Maybe it's just because he is D-2.

I'll trust the GM that he knows something we don't but it strikes me as a huge stretch

Would you be interested in starting another panther forum?

I have some familiarity with managing phpbb and vbulletin forums and work from home.

I already have something I put together but I honestly don't have time to dedicate to it. If you want to run with it PM me and we'll talk.

If this kid comes out of the gate and is an amazing run blocking gaurd for us everyone will be singing Gettledog's praises like there is no tomorrow.

Damn right

Barrett Jones doesn't have the weight on him for guard in the NFL, especially for what we are trying to do.

"But..b-b-but, he got a 52 on NFL.com!!! It's Hurney all over again!!!!"

Stay dumb, Huddle.

Yea espn and nfl analysts don't have a clue when evaluating players patton had a grade of 83 and fell all the way to the bottom of the 4th

Also not only does Jones look weak he is often injured

I know 0 about the dude but from what I've read it seems he's versatile and can be really good.

Wished we went with a safety but can't fault Gettleman for trying to improve both sides of the line.

Umm eric reid was a stud. Late riser.

He appeared like a stud because of Claiborne, Peterson and Mathieu. He gave up 7 TDs in coverage this season and missed tackles left and right.

1 person likes this

I think Jones could've started day one. Drafting this guy may be more promising long term, but I think we still need a vet stop gap. No, not Hangartner, preferably one who can actually play.