nfl draft carolina panthers

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#136 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,038 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

And Marty had that same approach. Every GM does. The prideful "I know something you don't because I'm me" mentality. In the end theres something to be said for the general consensus. There's a reason higher rates players are rated higher.

The difference is Gettleman is a football guy. Marty wasn't.

#137 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,265 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

I think the point everyone is missing is this : is there any reason for gettleman to think this dude wouldn't be available later, like, WAY later

dumb as hell pick that could have been spent on someone that was actually 4th round talent

#138 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hmm, no need to high jack the forum with a back and forth rumble. You don't know squat.

What???

#139 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,655 posts

We're probably going to pick another OL.

#140 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,150 posts

Yea the pick was a great pick...if you swap the 4 with a 6

#141 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,756 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

at first I was a little sore, guy I never heard of + Patton was still on the board.

The more I read about this guy the more I like him. A lot of GMs started liking this guys movement, power and reach. And in the 4th where you can go almost any which way this isn't a bad pick. I like it more and more.

Also Eric Reid can't cover to save his fuging life. He's literally Chris Harris, iffy cover guy and lives on being a "hard hitter." We have that in Godfrey.

Reid was destroyed in coverage last season yet the Huddle thinks he's a stud.

#142 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

How does the success rate stack up against executives who out think themselves?

Considering we have no idea on Gettleman and his ability to find players because this is his first draft your conclusion may me premature.

#143 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

I didn't know much of the of Kugbila, but I have read a few reports on him and everything sounds promising. If he is someone the scouts and coaches think can play and start it doesnt matter where you pick them. If they felt he would be there later then I am sure they would have waited.... It only takes 1 team to like you to set where you go (EJ Manuel)

Eric Reid is a nice player, great in run support but did struggle last yr in pass coverage. I really liked him and had him as my top saftey, but he needs to be paired with a very good FS to help with deep ball assignments. Jut because he was a 5star out of high school means nothing at this point

#144 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

My top three wishes still on the board
1.rogers
2. Rambo
3.jordan poyer

Sign me up!

#145 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Considering we have no idea on Gettleman and his ability to find players because this is his first draft your conclusion may me premature.

Agree

#146 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I just want to point out Jesse Williams JUST got drafted and some of you guys wanted to take him as early as our first round pick.

lol

#147 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Ya I don't know who the heck this guy is. Is he even the biggest guy still available? My thoughts about Gettleman are getting more negative as we go on with this draft. Let's keep going let's see what we get in round 5. Please for god sakes get a skill guy, some one we can get excited about atleast. I would even take Kenjon Barner.

#148 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

He's apparently sensitive on the topic. I wrote my post as a joke and offered to help. His reply was. . .interesting (by the way, Zod, I know how to get around your silly censor too.)

Rather than insulting people who do this stuff for a living, maybe take them up on their offer to contribute. I'm not insulting the dude, just pointing out that that with some tweaks we could keep this site up nonstop.

Well he does put a lot of his own time, energy, and money into this place. Most people probably don't care about that. I took your comment as a joke as well but I can definitely see how it would be a little insulting to the guy.

#149 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

But it wasn't wise for San Fran to take him in the first :rolleyes:

Alot of people had a first round grade on reid. Above cyprien. Hes's faster and a bigger hitter.

#150 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

Zod I'm available as well if you need anything. I author several free plugins for Wordpress if you use that for the main site (i never looked)
www.dyerware.com

And of course iphone apps if you want one made

Appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nfl draft, carolina panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com