nfl draft carolina panthers

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#166 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Yea, 49ers are having a good draft except their first. I don't agree with not only taking Reid with their first pick, but trading up to do it. I know they have to get rid of some picks by trading up, but if I were them I woulda been trading up for Floyd or Cyprien or even Elam. Not Reid.

#167 Pazhoosier89

Pazhoosier89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

I think the point everyone is missing is this : is there any reason for gettleman to think this dude wouldn't be available later, like, WAY later
dumb as hell pick that could have been spent on someone that was actually 4th round talent

Unless you have seen every teams draft board there is no way you can say that. He could have been taken with The next pick.

#168 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,677 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Marty hurney played to win the draft. Gettleman's laying to win football games, and the draft is a tool to make that happen - you see a guy you need to make your football team better, you grab him.

it's a subtle difference in philosophy but an enormous one. I love the pick

#169 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts

Don't know so I can't judge it too much. But we needed bodies on the o-line badly, be interesting to see where we go in the 5th. Rambo or Chris Faulk would be nice

#170 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,315 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Carolina Panthers select G Edmund Kugbila?????Who dat ?????? Never heard of him. He certainly has a low grade. Let's hope that our scouts did their homework on him.

#171 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

The fans never fail to amaze me with their the morning after Friday night comments.

I'm speaking more to the fact that there's a thin line between confidence and arrogance. If Gettleman is content to constantly go against the grain he better actually be the world beater executive everybody wants him to be. Or he just looks like a cocky old fool.

#172 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

building winning franchise:

Step 1:

Get big strong athletic lineman...

Dave has a plan. Relax haters

#173 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

cant fugging believe rodgers, rambo, and poyer are available in the 5th. insane!

#174 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,334 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

One note on the Scouts, Inc. and NFL.com scores, they basically knock off 15-20 points for all players from lower divisions anyways.

#175 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

One note on the Scouts, Inc. and NFL.com scores, they basically knock off 15-20 points for all players from lower divisions anyways.

He cant help he had to go to a small school because he could not score high enough on the SAT.Our two guards together could not score the minimum on the SAT

#176 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

IDK why everyone is thinking this guy is a reach. Can everyone not tell by even the first freaking round that every talking head in the media had absolutely no fuging clue what they were talking about? Barkley went in the 4th. Manuel first QB taken. Geno in the second and could have fell ALOT further if not tempted by the shitty Jets. Floyd and all the receivers falling like rocks.

We don't know what other teams draft boards look like, this guy could have very well been taken right where other teams were looking at him. I know we are all still salty about the Armanti reach - but Hurney was a journalist with a slight obsession over local talent. This is a completely different situation.

#177 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,334 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

IDK why everyone is thinking this guy is a reach. Can everyone not tell by even the first freaking round that every talking head in the media had absolutely no fuging clue what they were talking about? Barkley went in the 4th. Manuel first QB taken. Geno in the second and could have fell ALOT further if not tempted by the shitty Jets. Floyd and all the receivers falling like rocks.

We don't know what other teams draft boards look like, this guy could have very well been taken right where other teams were looking at him. I know we are all still salty about the Armanti reach - but Hurney was a journalist with a slight obsession over local talent. This is a completely different situation.

I've heard the Packers were very interested.

#178 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,147 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Someone in this thread posted that he was a 3-4 round prospect by the Browns.

The only thing that matters is how the teams rate him...nobody else.

Dude...obvious chud smokescreen

#179 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

He's raw but has great upside with tremendous size, strength, athleticism.

#180 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,750 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

I think we'll take an OT, TE or WR next.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nfl draft, carolina panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com