I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#1 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Apparently he was told to go sit in the corner and color while Rivera and Gettleman go crazy on defense.

#2 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Defense wins Championships!

We have a plethora of weapons on the O side... And I never bought us drafting a receiver in this draft. Not with the additions, and Gettis still here.

#3 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

I see excuses developing for him already

#4 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,506 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

feel bad for Cam.

Said it the moment Gettlemen arrived. He isn't sold on being the GM for a Newton/Rivera offense. Too old school to build with that mindset.....he hinted on that early IMO.

drafting offense for them....big picture doesn't make sense if you aren't sold on that direction

#5 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

I see excuses developing for him already

HE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH LATE ROUND RECEIVERS!!!

#6 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,622 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Apparently he was told to go sit in the corner and color while Rivera and Gettleman go crazy on defense.

Well put

#7 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

You can't exactly expect anyone in the 4-7 rounds to be an immediate contributor, and Shula is just a 1 year rental. These picks don't affect him in the slightest, imo.

#8 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• ALL-PRO
  • 418 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

I am not quite sure why people are so upset. We actually have playmakers. Yes we need to draft a WR as a future Smitty replacement but there are definitely no 4-7 picks that will take his place much less beat out Smith, Lafell, Gettis, Hixon, Ginn.

We basically would be drafting a WR to compete against Joe Adams, Armanti and Lamont Bryant. That doesn't sound like a smart idea. Its better to go for depth and special teams help.

#9 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

You can't exactly expect anyone in the 4-7 rounds to be an immediate contributor, and Shula is just a 1 year rental. These picks don't affect him in the slightest, imo.

what he said^^

#10 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

AE!!!!!!!

#11 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,685 posts

Cam, Smith, Olsen, LaFell, Williams, Stewart, Hixon, Gettis...There are teams out there with less talent who were better on O than we were last year. Use them correctly and our offense can be pretty damn good.

#12 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Defense wins Championships!

We have a plethora of weapons on the O side... And I never bought us drafting a receiver in this draft. Not with the additions, and Gettis still here.

Lol a plethora of weapons. Your a funny man

#13 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts

feel bad for Cam.

Said it the moment Gettlemen arrived. He isn't sold on being the GM for a Newton/Rivera offense. Too old school to build with that mindset.....he hinted on that early IMO.

drafting offense for them....big picture doesn't make sense if you aren't sold on that direction

You don't think Eli and his seemingly rag-tag group of receivers had much to do with their superbowl runs? Gettleman aint putting us in win now mode.

#14 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

I feel sorry for Cam, his rookie year will be the best offense he has in Carolina. I am happy we upgraded the D line tho.

#15 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

I am not quite sure why people are so upset. We actually have playmakers. Yes we need to draft a WR as a future Smitty replacement but there are definitely no 4-7 picks that will take his place much less beat out Smith, Lafell, Gettis, Hixon, Ginn.

We basically would be drafting a WR to compete against Joe Adams, Armanti and Lamont Bryant. That doesn't sound like a smart idea. Its better to go for depth and special teams help.

nailed it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com